Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-Sep-11 00:30:49
Print Post

Battlefield Beta Possibly tomorrow.... Dice

[link to this post]

According to this Article the Battlefield beta could go live as early as tomorrow Tuesday.smile

Well its just over a month from release so they better release it sometime soon,be interesting to see what people think of it as i see a heated debate coming on.tongue

Edited by time2die (Tue 20-Sep-11 00:33:42)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 20-Sep-11 01:06:25
Print Post

Re: Battlefield Beta Possibly tomorrow.... Dice

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

My computer is currently up the swanny. Typical!
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 20-Sep-11 14:11:42
Print Post

I thought I read somewhere that it had been planned for this week but it is was likely to be the 27th or something as they wanted to release it across all platforms at the same time and Microsoft/Sony had to clear it for beta.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zadeks
(committed) Tue 20-Sep-11 15:07:27
Print Post

27th early access.
29th regular access.

Same map and game mode as alpha. nowt interesting.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-Sep-11 23:06:04
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:

I haven't seen it laugh

Will people playing the beta rank up???
My mate seems to think he will get a head start on me because he is playing the beta and I'm not. Hehe

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User ccxo
(member) Tue 20-Sep-11 23:20:36
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
In reply to a post by SPOOKish:

I haven't seen it laugh

Will people playing the beta rank up???
My mate seems to think he will get a head start on me because he is playing the beta and I'm not. Hehe

He wont get any headstart as the only thing carried over from the beta is you soldier name, stats are all reset, Is in the faq about the beta on the bf3 site.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 21-Sep-11 03:11:55
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

You haven't? Well, it's definitely paddling it's way right to you as we speak. The power supply unit seems to be the culprit. It's a shame I've got to send it to the Netherlands if I want a replacement within warranty.

I also read beta testers will have their stats reset so won't get a head start stats-wise. They'll be a little more practised though. Me? I will be lucky to even play the game on release, it's going to be a long time before my PC's back from its trip to Swanny-land. smile
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 21-Sep-11 04:02:23
Print Post

Minimum system requirements have been announced. Looks like people playing on a PC will need to invest heavily in new hardware if they've anything older than Core 2 and a 8800/9800 series graphics card. No good having XP either.

The beta is planned for Tues 27th Sept for those with advanced tickets and Thursday 29th Sept for everyone else.

My PSU is dead. The only spare I have is 100 miles away. What am I gonna do????

Sob. confused
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-11 08:42:18
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Travel.........tongueor spend some of that Money you have staked away Spook.

Besides a decent PSU is not that dear is it ?
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 21-Sep-11 12:06:11
Print Post

The one I'm looking at is expensive. Had a look at a round up review at Bit tech and the recommendation seems to be Seasonic X series. Whichever way you cut it, it's going to cost me a tonne.

I need a load of sata power connectors as I have lots of drives which need powering and enough watts to power one hungry graphics card and overclocked CPU etc. So I don't need more than about 600W really. I could get away with a much lower rated one providing the quality is there but it won't have anywhere near enough connectors (as it'll be designed to power smaller loads and will cut back on the number of connectors).

Stability and power efficiency is important to me. The one it's replacing is an OCZ Elitestream 800W PSU, which had good reviews at the time. Unfortunately, though it's still under manufacturer's guarantee their RMA centre for Europe is based in the smegging Netherlands so it's going to cost me at least £20 to send this 3kg beasty back and that's without adequate insurance (£46 tops and no tracking/signature). It'll cost closer to £40 to get proper safeguards against it getting lost so I'm not sure it'll be worth sending back.

Hohum. confused Oh yeah, money? You gotta be kidding me right? Got my house insurance bill coming up this month and they want to take a nice bite out of the money I've not spent on games and gadgets. Guess I could cough up the dosh and buy a train ticket to go collect that old Enermax PSU though. Hmm. smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to