Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 20-Sep-11 17:41:14
Print Post

Gears Of War 3.....Class Game

[link to this post]

Played it for about 4 hours today and its just none stop action and a really cool game,similar to the previous 2 instalments but with much more polish.

Had a quick look at one of the other modes called Horde mode and i have to say this will be so addictive but as tough as old boots,played it on my own and only managed level 5.

Obviously it need a mate or two to have a better chance so i may just invite my best buddies on here Jaxx for a game of co/op.wink

Lots of unlocks and plenty of stats and and so many game modes don't know where to start really so i can only comment on the single player experience that is living up to the hype in my opinion.smile
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Sep-11 05:08:06
Print Post

Re: Gears Of War 3.....Class Game

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I have actually had the game since Saturday and been playing it pretty much non stop , single play mission was not huge but enjoyable but really love the new game modes in multi player .

Its a keeper for me , just need to pull a crew together for playing CoOp modes . also Arcade mode is interesting .. so many modes and not enough hours in the day .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-11 08:39:24
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Totally agree mate so many modes in multiplayer and co/op and like you said you need some guys really,since i have limited friends on both the consoles who are playing other stuff i played with 4 other strangers last night in Horde mode which was really good and we got to level 17 before been killed.wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Wed 21-Sep-11 09:48:38
Print Post

Horde in Gears 2 was fantastic but in Gears 3 it looks absolutely awesome! I am desperately trying to get to level 50 on Dead Island before the weekend so I can trade it in for Gears but I don't think it's going to happen I'm only at 36 so I may just hold on Dead Island and buy Gears!! My housemate got it yesterday and was on it all night it looks fantastic and definitely agree about the more polished look along with the shooting being a lot better.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 21-Sep-11 11:52:06
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Hey Jaxx, how are finding Dead Island? I was wondering if it's worth shelling out for?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-11 15:56:34
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

There are not many games that keep me up past Midnight anymore but Gears Yesterday when i picked it up had me hooked from start to finish, I played it for about 6 hours non stop yesterday evening and i finished the single player story today which was EPIC [excuse the Pun ] But it was intended.

As for Horde mode i played with 4 others and we got to about level 17 but it was a awesome fun experience and something i have not tried with other people before with Gears 2.

Obviously this is where this games shines and if only i had a wide selection of friends to team up with this would keep me happy for months,most games end up with not so much team play as trying to be the one who finishes the round on top of the scoreboard,and for the 17 rounds we survived i managed that only twice and spent the most part bottom of the pile.

Not even touched the multiplayer part of the game and to be honest this is extremely good value in this day and age for a game.

Glad we are not arguing Jaxx Mate for a change ,can not remember yourr xbox live gamer tag think it was just jaxx but i have added you even though you have not bought it yet.

Dead Island is another good game but for online this Gears 3 rocks and i intend spending a lot of time with this Horde mode for sure.

As reviews go for this game its got some cracking ones and well deserved they are to.wink

Oh i remembered by looking at your link on your posts Jaxx281

Edited by time2die (Wed 21-Sep-11 16:07:17)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Sep-11 16:00:19
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Its a great game Spook if you like Zombie bashing,has a few glitches here and there but a really long enjoyable game experience all the same,not got to the level Jaxx has but its a game that takes up a lot of time and patience but well worth the money.

Sadly for now i am really into this gears horde mode and all the other things this game has to offer,even playing through the single player game on my own in Arcade mode for points is a blast,even better with 4 other players in co/op.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 22-Sep-11 01:01:23
Print Post

Ta T2D. I will likely pick Dead Island up when I get my computer fixed. All the flaws means I don't think I'd want to pay too much for it but from what you say there seems to be plenty of worthwhile gameplay in it.

I played the original GoW and enjoyed it. My sister was a bit of a gears nut, she played it a lot on the Xbox. Glad you're enjoying it, that horde mode sounds like it must be good.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 22-Sep-11 01:23:25
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I tell you what Spook there are only a handful of games that i spend many hours playing online and Cod MW are usually the only thing that have me addicted.

Never really played online in Gears even though the second game had the Horde mode but it passed me by for some reason or another.

Now then this gears 3 Horde mode is in terms of fun factor when you get a good crew of guys playing has some of the best online experiences in a game mode i have had in years.

Played it last night for a few hours but this is a team game and what i don't understand is why are the majority of people that play this type of game and co/op in general not using the microphone that is provided for essential good communication and game play.

Not only are so many not using microphones but they don't even play the basic rules like reviving you when you are down and need help,that part last night was totally frustrating but the game in general is a awesome experience.

Tonight i thought lets give Horde mode a hour or two.........5 hours later i have just come of and this game has me so hooked its hard to turn the 360 of ,played tonight with what i can only describe as some really impressive team and Horde players and we actually all got to level 35 which took about 90 minutes at least.

When you were down these players were there to revive you and its one of the best experiences online with a game mode i have had in years.

Gears 3 is my game of the year so far by a wide margin and i have not even scratched the surface of what the multiplayer has to offer,i even hammered the single player game and finished it today after about 8 hours i guess and it was a Epic ride and thrilling experience.

Kind of wished i had taken more interest in the previous gears 2 and the fun i might have had online with Horde mode then.

This game mode has everything,great graphics,thrilling game play and the best mode that every Gears fan loves Horde Mode even better than the previous games.

Totally addicted to this and it would be nice if some of the others on here could team up and have a right riot with this brilliant game.wink

I can not heap any more praise on this game and even though i am repeating myself regarding this game ,horde mode is worth the price of the game alone and its completely stopped me from playing Dead Island which i love but this is my type of game.

Edited by time2die (Thu 22-Sep-11 01:24:33)

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Sep-11 05:42:23
Print Post

i have only one of my regular friends in my play list with this game , it seems most are sceptical about the multi player as gears 2 was only really good in horde mode and unplayable in the multi player modes .

The dedicated servers in this game make multi player a joy to play , been enjoying Team death match , even though i have not been playing very well but this is more down to not being use to the TPS formate , im getting better though .

Also with it being so close to FIFA realise , some have had to choose , to many games so little money and no time .

Epic have impressed me very much with this realise , its polished and looks lovely .

I have PMed my gamer tag to you , as anybody with a team based ethos deserves a place in my friends list and im proud to have them in my friends list , obviously as a team player myself .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to