Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 23-Sep-11 21:19:53
Print Post

Battlefield 3 - want ultra settings?

[link to this post]

Bit Tech are reporting those wishing to run the game maxed out at ultra levels of detail will probably need two GeForce GTX 580s in SLI configuration. Each card costs in the region of £350 - £400.

Recommended specifications translate as medium levels of detail according to Bit Tech so it seems many of us will be hard pushed to get much beyond console graphics as far as eye candy is concerned.

Recommended Specs:
Processor: Quad-core CPU
Memory: 4GB RAM
Hard drive: 20GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11-compatible with 1GB of RAM (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950)
Sound card: DirectX compatible
Keyboard and mouse
DVD-ROM drive

It's Crysis all over again. crazy

Edited by SPOOKish (Fri 23-Sep-11 22:04:54)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 23-Sep-11 21:37:35
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 3 - want ultra settings?

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

£700 for 2 graphic cards to play a game in all its glory ?

Now you know why so many have switched over to console gaming as its just a non stop battle to keep up with technology and in another year another game will come out that requires even more stuff.

I agree it would look stunning on a high end PC and there was a interesting article from Steam saying that by there records of peoples PC 80% Would not have the equipment needed.

One thing certain i do hope that next year Microsoft and Sony announce new Consoles so we can get a little closer.wink
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Fri 23-Sep-11 22:01:07
Print Post

I really doubt that. It's possible I guess, but I'd like to know what resolution you'd be looking at. Still, if true, gives us something to aim for. laugh

Plus medium will be far beyond console graphics.

Edited by e102gamma (Fri 23-Sep-11 22:05:11)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 23-Sep-11 22:01:55
Print Post

As long as it plays at 1080p on my ATI 6870 then that will suffice! Remember though gfx is only part of it gameplay is the important part!

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User e102gamma
(committed) Fri 23-Sep-11 22:02:37
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You're not forced to play it on max. A £50 card will still run it better than a console.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Sat 24-Sep-11 01:58:56
Print Post

[re: e102gamma] [link to this post]

Indeed, alot of people will turn settings off etc, to improve performance with their system.

Though with needing 2 580's in sli, does tell you how much has been scarificed for the console versions.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 24-Sep-11 08:06:23
Print Post

oh that's really what allot of PC gamers want thou , developers pushing the boundaries and wallets of PC gamers .
Would still like to play this title on PC thou as it seems to be the platform of choice, its just i don't see me being able to afford to .

With TalkTalk , not as bad as some might have you believe
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Sat 24-Sep-11 16:32:16
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Not wrong there mate. As a pc gamer, the masochist in me likes it when a game like Crysis/BF3 comes out even though it means my rig is not good enough anymore. Push those boundaries I say! Forget the fact that 95% of us won't be able to play it on anything but low/medium settings for a few years. We'll cope. We're used to it after all.

crazy
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Sep-11 10:39:41
Print Post

I had a butchers at the article but saw nothing regarding needing 2 580s in SLI. Where is the information on that?

Like has been mentioned medium will likely be well over console graphics and people will want to remove things like motion blur and bloom probably to suit their style of play as well.

I am all for boundaries getting pushed - if no one pushes then the boundaries don't move. If you are someone who has to have every game running 100% then yes, it will get very expensive but for me (still running a HD4850) I have been running a games at sub-maximum for a while now. And now something special is coming along I can justify getting my rig up to scratch.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 26-Sep-11 12:21:03
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Im going to run Battlefield on my highest possible settings also........Called xbox 360 or Playstation 3 whichever i choose to get it on wink

Thats if I'm impressed with the Beta/Demo this coming Thursday that is ?

I do hope it matches the eye candy we saw some 6 months ago and we don't get a tad disappointed.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to