Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 00:44:51
Print Post

Re: BF3 Beta Ranks

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Had another go at it tonight
What the hell is going on with the ranks?? I saw players ranked as high as 31 and I'm sure there must be higher. Sad [censored]
Hopefully they will set the ranks progression the same as they did in bfbc otherwise it just turns into a mad race to level 50.
Like I said before I would like them to do away with ranks altogether.

Who cares what rank anyone else is anyway???

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 00:49:07
Print Post

Re: BF3 Beta

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
I can't see the visuals improving. I am seriously considering cancelling my pre order and picking RAGE up instead.

MW3 looks better by a long way. I think BFBC2 was about the same as BF3 to look at on PS3. It almost feels like I've been scammed. frown

Hopefully the kids won't like BF3 because of the demos quality and will leave the full game alone laugh

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Oct-11 06:59:55
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Either way, I won't buy it now until I see that the visuals have been ironed out on the PS3. frown

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 08:57:54
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Add to the fact the Playstation is supposed to be the better version graphically compared to the 360 one,like i said i deleted it as the game does nothing for me and i have never been a lover of the series.

Horses for courses and great for people that love the game but i think its time i used my head and left this game alone and concentrated on ones that i do like.

I will try it on the Playstation and give it another go but first impressions are very important to me and it did not feel very favourable. tongue
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 03-Oct-11 09:35:19
Print Post

I saw that as well - it screams 'lack of gainful employment' to me.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 09:47:15
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Haha yea I think you're right.
All this lovely weather and they have locked themselves in their rooms just so they can be higher ranked. Sad feckers laugh

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 11:00:02
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

One thing I noticed was that people seem to move really fast. Before you get a chance to fire they're gone, or you're trying to get a lead on them with your sights but can't keep up

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 03-Oct-11 11:36:57
Print Post

Some people have been playing 24 hours before the early access started, though i have seen people that started playing once the beta went open rank up very fast, some of the awards give 20k points.

The ranks and ribbions will be changed in the final release so will proably see alot more points needed to rank up.
Playing the beta now and saying you wont buy the game its a bit of a early call considering most console games dont even get a beta, there just shipped and eventually fixed.

There are alot newer beta builds that have fixed most of the problems, the feedback allows for alot of improvements while the studio is still working on the game.

Will proably be a day one patch as with any game these days.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Mon 03-Oct-11 13:38:49
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Yea that's it, it's a beta so it's there for people to test and then go back to them with any bugs you find, that is what a beta is for! This is how most online games used to work back in the day but over time has been faded out so it's good to see them do it. Check out this article from today where they have confirmed a lot of things fixed due to feedback from players (albeit PC)

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/877358-battlefield...

I think they need to be cut a bit of slack until the final product is released smile

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Oct-11 13:57:25
Print Post

I'm rank 29 right now, started on Tuesday and only played a little (13h and 29m). tongue

Ranks are set low at the moment, they said they are sped up for just the short beta and then all will be reset for game launch and made more grindy just for you. wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to