Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Oct-11 09:51:31
Print Post

Dark Souls

[link to this post]

Demon souls was a very deep long and extremely hard and frustrating game and now we have the follow up Dark Souls.

If anyone likes a real challenge then this is the game for you, its not my typical game purchase but its possible that i will choose this over Rage .

Got some brilliant reviews and any other time of the year it would have been a essential purchase,but again with so much on the horizon and a game that requires at least 40 to 50 hours on single player i may just refrain from it until next year or trade MW3 in for it [are you serious] wink

Rage has been getting some solid reviews also but i don't like the fact that there is no death match mode included in the package only some online racing game which for ID software creators of Doom and Quake that is a extrodanary decision.

Anyway DARK SOULS
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 04-Oct-11 18:56:51
Print Post

Re: Dark Souls

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Like a lot of women. Nice looking but too high maintenance! Ico seems far simpler.

I think that's why I have always avoided RPG's and the like. It's not that they don't tempt me, I just dont have the time to commit to them. I was gutted when I found after 3 hours on Ico I was only 3% in. blush

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Oct-11 01:22:54
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Wait till you play shadow and spend 30 minutes at a time trying to work out how to defeat each guardian .

Still got the wrapper on them so what do you think and do they look nice with a HD makeover ,what about Battlefield is it a hit or a miss and will you be buying it or leaving it.

I deleted the 360 version after 10 minutes and i thought i would give the playstation 3 version a go but quite frankly i doubt i will.

Might pick it up if it gets decent reviews for the single player game thats about it for me.

Another disappointment in my eyes after watching that trailer 6 months ago

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 05-Oct-11 19:45:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I would save the thirty quid if I were you and use it to become my whipping boy in Payday the Heist. I can't rob a bank on my own. wink

Seriously I doubt it has been polished enough for you to notice, and reviews have mentioned the poor draw distances. I think you should remember it for what it was mate, and leave it alone.

As for BF3, I swapped my pre order to MW3 and have decided to buy it before Christmas for the single player and co op modes. I won't buy it before then because I know MW3 will impress me more visually and it will get left aside

Once I have worn out the co-op modes in MW3 I might be a bit more forgiving. Maybe it was the over hyping that turned me off it? Either way, money is too tight to be blown before I can see a " real demo" of the graphics. I really didn't think they were up to much.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 06-Oct-11 01:08:02
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

As i said i played it for about 10 minutes on the 360 and felt exactly like you,i have it downloaded on the Playstation 3 but you know what........I can not even be bothered to try it out given its suppose to be better than the 360 version.

At the end of the day i know what i will spend my time playing and it would have been nice to have 2 great games in the FPS market,not saying that Battlefield wont have it supporters but based on that demo/beta what ever you want to call it has done Dice/EA no favours and if anything would have put quite a few people of what was a essential purchase based on what we saw 6 months ago.

Its easy for me anyway because as you know and a few more on here that it has never really set my world alight so it really had to shine to impress me and sadly it does neither.

Payday isn't out now until end of the month at the earliest and you know what my friend i would not even have time to play it given what comes out a week later.

All my gaming time i hope will be spent on MW3 as there are many online modes and survival looks just super cool and then we have all the multiplayer.

All i need know to totally ruin my year is for MW3 to have dire reviews and it gets hacked to death, but i have a lot of faith in this game blowing me away and i know exactly what to expect and its right up my street.

Edited by time2die (Thu 06-Oct-11 01:10:19)

Print Thread

Jump to