Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 07-Oct-11 15:12:59
Print Post

Rage..Its a new game i could not resist ?

[link to this post]

Thanks to mrnelster i could not resist taking a chance on this game and I'm well impressed with what it offers,does nothing new but the open world looks drop dead gorgeous and its a fun game.

Very much plays out like Borderlands and a host of other similar titles but the game actually plays better than the preview videos i have watched.

I also could not resist the limited edition of Dark Souls for the same price as the original,both games cost me nothing as i got rid of about 6 older games that were gathering dust.

From what i have played of Rage its a 8/10 game for me at the moment and i doubt the score will go down and it may get possibly more.

Im sure with this and Dark souls plus Gears 3 that will do me nicely until mw3 In about 4 weeks and counting

Funny thing is i bet my matey mrnelster didn't even buy rage after all wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 07-Oct-11 15:13:54)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Oct-11 21:28:12
Print Post

Re: Rage..Its a new game i could not resist ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You're right! But only because I'm potless at the minute. frown

I intend to get it even if it's after Christmas. Which console mate?

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Oct-11 01:01:56
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Got it for the Playstation mate actually,after quite a long install of around 15 minutes the game plays really well and the open world environment is lovely to look at and the videos of the game don't actually do it justice which is quite the opposite in my opinion regarding Battlefield 3 which has outstanding video presentation and as far as I'm concerned Boring beta with average graphics on consoles at least.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(member) Mon 10-Oct-11 14:15:14
Print Post

Really? Do you not think the graphics are great on Battlefield? I would never have guessed!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 10-Oct-11 17:26:28
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Its not a game i intend to keep thats for certain but it does look nice in places,Jaxx I'm not the only one that is not that impressed with the Graphics on the consoles so take a breath mate before you blow another fuse as usual.

Why is it when you think a game is top draw we all have to agree and nobody dare say anything bad about it.

If you think its great then thats all that counts mate and your happy,I'm on the fence regarding this game and only time will tell. wink
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Oct-11 20:03:49
Print Post

I know SPOOK thought this was a bit too like borderlands for him just now (having recently acquired borderlands!). But I have not played borderlands, or any other type of truly open world game that I can remember.

Some people have complained that Rage isn't truly "open world" enough, but I am really enjoying it. For the little time I get to sit down with this type of game it's just right. Unlike FarCry 2. That went in the cupboard after 3-4 hours play (with the intention of giving it another go when I had more time, and then never being touched again).

Bit annoying with some of the story link ups. Go and get this before you do that and make sure you change your clothes etc etc. But it looks nice, plays reasonably well and mixes the driving/shooting thing quite well.

That said, I won't be trying the online racing component. In MP, racing's racing and shooting should be shooting.

Anybody else tried it yet?

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Oct-11 00:38:11
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

At first i thought it was good for about 3 hours but i quickly got bored with the game and have traded it in already,not a keeper for me.

The same can be said about Dark Souls even though it has outstanding reviews and is one of the hardest games on the market,problem is with this constant dying and retreading your previous steps is not fun in a game even though this game is a massive challenge.

I should have learned my lessons by now as i bought the previous game demons souls which initially i thought was superb only to get frustrated and tired of constant death about 8 hours into it.

Im defiantly suited to short term fixes regarding games,nothing to complex or deep ,not to many cut scenes and rich heavy plots. wink
  Print Thread

Jump to