Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Oct-11 17:04:35
Print Post

Batman Arkham City......What Fantastic scores Metacritic

[link to this post]

Looks like this new game has been widely received and the reviews are just about as good as a film Franchise gets . BATMAN ARKHAM CITY

Lost count of the number of perfect scores from various gaming websites and it certainly seems like this Film turned into a game has broken the mould.

Shame I'm not really a batman fan and its not really i game i can say interests me to much.also a spanish Gaming magazine has just given there highest ever score for a game Uncharted 3 gets a 9.9 out of 10.

To many games in such a short release schedule .........Not sure if its ecstasy or a nightmare to be perfectly honest.

Another game that got released to day was Forza 3 and again this has been getting some tasty reviews but again its something else im not interested in .

driving and sports games just don't do it for me unfortunately,don't get me wrong i have owned previous instalments of Forza and Gran turismo but they have been traded pretty rapid as i just dont have the commitment time and patience to unlock the cars ,tracks,and everything else associated with these type of games............Conclusion..............If it aint got guns and i can not kill things then it aint for me wink

Edited by time2die (Fri 14-Oct-11 17:08:58)

Standard User Abe01
(member) Fri 14-Oct-11 18:40:50
Print Post

Re: Batman Arkham City......What Fantastic scores Metacritic

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Looks like this new game has been widely received and the reviews are just about as good as a film Franchise gets . BATMAN ARKHAM CITY

Lost count of the number of perfect scores from various gaming websites and it certainly seems like this Film turned into a game has broken the mould.

Shame I'm not really a batman fan and its not really i game i can say interests me to much.also a spanish Gaming magazine has just given there highest ever score for a game Uncharted 3 gets a 9.9 out of 10.

To many games in such a short release schedule .........Not sure if its ecstasy or a nightmare to be perfectly honest.

Another game that got released to day was Forza 4 and again this has been getting some tasty reviews but again its something else im not interested in .

driving and sports games just don't do it for me unfortunately,don't get me wrong i have owned previous instalments of Forza and Gran turismo but they have been traded pretty rapid as i just dont have the commitment time and patience to unlock the cars ,tracks,and everything else associated with these type of games............Conclusion..............If it aint got guns and i can not kill things then it aint for me wink

Fixed it for ya!
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 14-Oct-11 20:18:16
Print Post

[re: Abe01] [link to this post]

I wish you could play Forza 3 on a PS

=TLP=Swanny

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jorkila
(member) Fri 14-Oct-11 22:40:58
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Forza 4 by the way, and its awesome bud.
Standard User djfunkdup
(committed) Sat 15-Oct-11 05:18:41
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jorkila:
Forza 4 by the way, and its awesome bud.

haha you are spot on with that one.smile

i went to gamestation @ midnight to get my copy on thur night. 20 seconds past 12 and i had it in my hands.a nice metal case with a glossy booklet inside it.. smile

been playing it non-stop (well as much as possible )since then and just switched it off about ten min ago as my eyes were twitching..the game is quite different in many ways to FM3.one thing i would say about the graphics and that is this:

some of the background textures are actually not as good as FM3 in my opinion,dont get me wrong they are really good but there is just not the same level of detail in things like gravel traps,trees,rocks and buildings surrounding the tracks..but that is where it ends.the level of detail in the cars and the actual tracks is spot on.that is so much better than FM3.the cars look spot on..

everything else like the handling,tyres and the physics engine is 100% and so much better than FM3 as well.

ok guys sorry it is not a very good review.i am really tired here.smile

ps:before i go F1 2011 is also a great game.in fact it is more than a great game,it is fantastic.so much better then F1 2010.codemasters have created a classic here and i am already looking forward to F1 2012..

VirginMedia100 My Broadband Ping TiVo1TB

Edited by djfunkdup (Sat 15-Oct-11 05:21:09)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Oct-11 08:28:34
Print Post

[re: djfunkdup] [link to this post]

Yeah my mistake Forza 4.wink
Standard User Terranova
(regular) Sat 15-Oct-11 09:01:43
Print Post

Batman Arkham city is not a movie turned game that's why it's good it's not having to do the usual movie tie in [censored], the voice actors Kevin Conroy ( batman ) & Mark Hammil ( the joker) also do them for the animated series so the game is kinda a mix of that and the comics than any movie same with the first game Batman Arkham Asylum
Standard User jorkila
(member) Sat 15-Oct-11 16:32:01
Print Post

[re: Terranova] [link to this post]

Yeah i picked up forza 4 from game midnight launch (excuse to have a couple beers out before hand lol) and i won f1 2011 in a raffle they held, only 16 of us there, and i'm also loving that too!!!
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Oct-11 17:06:10
Print Post

[re: Terranova] [link to this post]

Well you get my drift as there are plenty of Batman films and this basically has the same name but by all accounts the game is getting superb reviews as opposed the normal for games from film titles in the past which normally get ripped to shreds.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 16-Oct-11 06:54:15
Print Post

Now this looks like a fantastic 3rd person outing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6AI604VXqE&feature=y...

I bagsy catwoman. wink

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to