Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 26-Oct-11 16:43:02
Print Post

Should You Buy Battlefield 3?

[link to this post]

This is mainly for T2D and confirms what mr ilh has said already. The single player is pants but the multiplayer is AWESOME!

Kotaku

Worry not. Empty your wallet, good sirs/mdms, and cash in all those store points. laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Oct-11 17:07:02
Print Post

Re: Should You Buy Battlefield 3?

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I am having second thoughts Spook to be honest with MW3 just over a week away and Uncharted 3 next wednesday i really have to ask myself a serious question.

Will i play this game as soon as i get my hands on Uncharted 3 just a few days later,will i bother playing any of the previous games as soon as MW3 arrives.

I know i will play through the single player of uncharted 3 and I'm not that keen on the multiplayer part of it,but i doubt given the single player reviews of Battlefield 3 that i will be bothered to try and finish it.

To answer your question i think i should leave this game behind the counter in Blockbusters,have you got the game yourself yet Spook or are you just saying that the game is Pants based on reviewers and what they are mostly saying.

Kind of sad really as i was hoping that the game would have a solid single player part of the game to justify buying it ,but the negativity seems in general to be right across the board towards single player and i personally do not think i am going to be interested in the multiplayer after MW3 ships and thats what the majority of my friends play.........wink

Think i will try really hard this coming Friday to steer well clear of the shops and the town centre because the logical thing to do is not buy this game in my opinion based on what i think already.

Im still on the fence having read your link about Should i buy Battlefield 3,at the end of the day i can always trade it in for uncharted 3 or Saints row the 3rd even though I'm loosing a bit of money.

I have not given the multiplayer a chance so i think it deserves some attention as so many of you on here rave about it,even then there is no guarantee that i will like it and its release date is very close to something i love.
Im still on the fence having looked at your link

Edited by time2die (Wed 26-Oct-11 17:11:44)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 26-Oct-11 17:15:53
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Tsk. It's all about the multiplayer aspect for BF3. In some regards, it can be seen as a relief that the single player side is seriously lacking: they spent their efforts on developing the MP experience!

No. I don't even have a frickin' dispatch notification from Amazon yet. So I expect I'll be playing this game in a few weeks time then. We'll see though.

The game release schedule is difficult for you, I know. Too many games coming out that you like the look of. I think it makes some sense for you to delay the purchase of BF3 if you don't expect to get into the multiplayer action until you've finished with all the others. That said, MW3 could well keep you from purchasing BF3 altogether so it's a shame you won't even give BF3 a go. But no loss really, it's your call.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Oct-11 17:27:57
Print Post

I love new games Spook and if you were a betting man expect me to have my hands on it Friday Morning because i know me to well.

Like i said if after the weekend i don't get on with it then it can go towards payment of Uncharted 3 even though i will only get £25 for it and its costs £40.

Battlefield 3 would not be the first game i have traded and wont be the last,bought many this year that have failed to live up to my expectations and there will be others in the future.

Still don't understand why you use Amazon even though you have had a few issues with shopto and your account information,there are plenty of other online retailers to turn to.

I say this because i know how much you love Battlefield and for the sake of a few quid I'm surprised you even went the online route and did not choose to pick it up on Friday morning yourself from any high street gaming shop or supermarket.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Oct-11 18:03:24
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Like i said if after the weekend i don't get on with it then it can go towards payment of Uncharted 3 even though i will only get £25 for it and its costs £40.

Stand outside gamestation with it and a price tag for £40 you'll have no problem selling it

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Oct-11 20:44:15
Print Post

First opinions on the multiplayer from some of my clan mates are less than impressive about this game.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
29.5Mbit down / 5.5Mbit up
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 26-Oct-11 22:52:54
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orly:
First opinions on the multiplayer from some of my clan mates are less than impressive about this game.

Expand.

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Oct-11 23:45:02
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Why would some fool pay me £40 for a game thats second hand minus the wrapper when they can get a sealed one from Gamestation or any other game shop for the same bucks.

Plus once used you have the stupid EA activated policy that they use and that may cause a few issues.

You might love Battlefields Swanny but there are more and more disenchanted fans not really singing its praises.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Oct-11 23:48:29
Print Post

Like mrnelster says care to share your clans thoughts and impressions because your thread is not exactly telling us much and I'm on the fence regarding getting this game.

So to hear a few negative things from obvious Battlefield fans is the kind of information that will sway my decision.

Rather get input from those type of players than people like myself that love MW games.
Standard User acting_funny
(member) Thu 27-Oct-11 00:01:06
Print Post

i am having a hard time making my mind up, they made some obvious improvements since the beta on some fronts then on others it is quite poor. servers are crashing every few maps, 64p conquest maps are laggy on the majority of the servers, lots of rubber banding, double animation reloads/equipment functions like zooming and flares as if there was packetloss, etc.

if you rebind Q/E/R/space and probably other buttons, you'll find they are hard coded to their functions and perform both binds. most of the key mapping works as expected though, mouse/controller seems to work also.

until they sort out the servers & key mapping atleast, i will hold off giving a verdic on maps/balance issues. that said if you enjoyed 42's/bf2/bc2 then you will enjoy bf3 for the sheer scope and depth of it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to