Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Oct-11 09:10:52
Print Post

BF3 fixes

[link to this post]

I must admit I'm not impressed.
I know it's still early and it needs patching but it's not as good as I expected it to be.
Here are a few of the things I don't like

Anti aircraft guns are no where to be seem and next to useless.
Passenger gun on heli seems to have no effect on tanks.
Vehicles don't have the same solid feel as in BC.
Far too much writing on the screen (count downs for flags etc)
Enemy players have two logos above their heads. A triangle and a star. Tried shooting both but still don't hit the player.
Capture flag area seems to be massive making it hard to find the player and put a stop to him and his devilish ways.
Two sets of dog tags. One with your name which is fine but another BS tag that you can customise MW style.
The screen goes all fuzzy with pretend interference on the menus screens.
The old end of game summery was much clearer and more useful on seeing how well you got on.

It just seems a mess to me

What do you think needs fixing??

=TLP=Swanny

Edited by Lt_Swan (Fri 28-Oct-11 09:13:21)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Oct-11 11:13:36
Print Post

Re: BF3 fixes

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Never mind Swanny there is always that Kiddie game on the Horizon called MW3.

Doesn't it have a first day patch already ?

Must admit this is quite a surprise coming from you who loves Battlefield games and was quite excited by this release,seems your not on your own Swanny as you can see from previous posts that others that have similar views from other gaming sites.

What makes me laugh is that this game was going to blow MW3 out of the water but i think even when they fix some of the many known issues its not really going to have any impact on MW3 sales.

Its not nice looking forward to a game all year and to find it hasn't hit the dizzy heights we all expected,i just pray to God that in 10 days time i don't come on these very forums as frustrated and as disappointed as you feel at this moment.

Because as much as i love COD games if i feel the game is a step back in direction or has some serious issues i will post about it.

I have to admit I'm really hyped for MW3 and i really think its going to be a class product and meet my expectations based on the previous two games that i spent many months playing.

Edited by time2die (Fri 28-Oct-11 11:16:09)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 28-Oct-11 14:50:56
Print Post

This kind of game probably goes a long way in justifying the likes of Origin and Steam for their automated game patching systems.

Patches for Battlefield games? Well, it's almost as if patches were invented for the series. There must have been about 6 for BF1942 and BF2. Well, no need for a history lesson but let's say there are bound to be about a million little fixes for BF3.

Yeah, I commented about the AA guns in the beta. They are rubbish as they are. Don't forget the vehicles have unlocks just as personnel do and a lot of them at that. That said, I wouldn't expect it'll make much difference. Having watched some Youtube videos, it does look like the stinger missiles have a good impact on helos at least though their effect might be a bit too aggressive it seems. wink

I don't care for much of the console-ification of the game with all the graphics added explaining things either. I would have liked to have seen larger text for when you type messages into the console thing, it's really hard to see what's going on. Guess that might not be such a bad thing really as I should be paying more attention to what's actually going on on the battlefield. laugh

Massive flag capture area, I agree. I've been playing BF1942 lately (yes really!) and the capture area is very large there too but because there is so much less foliage and the playing area is pretty bare in the main, it's much easier to see who's holding up your capture. The increased foliage and hiding spots is really a game changer but hopefully we'll get used to it.

I would love to have the opportunity to go into games companies' headquarters and sit down with them to let them know how I think they could improve their games. Trouble is for a short window, once they've got a game published that's it, they move onto the next money earner and that's it, you're stuck with a game with loads of little niggling problems and they all add up to be a much bigger sore point with those actually playing the game. I agree that menus and end game summaries and the like should be much better designed, it's a real shame to see the screens dumbed down and lacking information.

Anyway, my copy should be getting here soon. Today. Tomorrow? I am eager to play. I paid for first class delivery and I expect it'll be no better than the free one Amazon do. Expletive!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User pete_thomson
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 28-Oct-11 15:06:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
Enemy players have two logos above their heads. A triangle and a star. Tried shooting both but still don't hit the player.

You've answered your own point here. The icons are ABOVE their heads - try shooting at the player instead!!. FYI, the triangle shows the players location, the star denotes that they are the squad leader

Was
Virgin Media 50Mb/s
53.34Mb/s - 1.65Mb/s - 29ms @ 24/05/2011
http://speedtest.net/result/1310626245.png

Now
Andrews & Arnold
5.66Mb/s - 0.75Mb/s - 42ms
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1526709410.png
Standard User NuttyMucker
(member) Fri 28-Oct-11 15:12:05
Print Post

Maybe I should say don't waste your money on an inferior game to what MW3 is going to be but that might provoke a reaction smile

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Oct-11 15:38:26
Print Post

[re: NuttyMucker] [link to this post]

Now you have started WW3 Matey wink
(member) Fri 28-Oct-11 15:40:43
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I wouldn't bring that topic up again smile

Merely making a point!

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 28-Oct-11 15:48:09
Print Post

[re: NuttyMucker] [link to this post]

I passed on Battlefield 3 today and resisted the temptation to buy a game for once in my life,i would like to see the thoughts and opinions of the people that like Battlefield to be honest especially on these forums.

I just hope that you and myself don't come on here in about 10 days saying how awful MW3 is, but i just can not see that happening as i know what to expect and everything that i watch is pure MW and that suits me fine.smile
(member) Fri 28-Oct-11 16:33:06
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I have to admit I dont like the BF series anyway. I know quite a few of my friends have bought it and even if they said amazing things about it I still dont believe it would tempt me. I would be confident MW3 will be a polished version of MW2 with bits of previous COD's thrown in. Unless the servers crash I dont care how it is as love the COD series anyway and if multiplayer sucks there will be plenty to do in story mode and spec ops smile

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 28-Oct-11 17:22:14
Print Post

[re: pete_thomson] [link to this post]

Ha. Funny. I think Swanny's probably aware that you need to shoot the player but perhaps he's getting a bit senile in his old age?

laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to