Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 29-Oct-11 16:21:42
Print Post

BF3 first quick thoughts

[link to this post]

Was on door mat when I got home today...

Wow at the graphics, must remember to not stare at things or else you'll get shot.
Play is faster than previous BF games.
Maps are confusing as plunged into multiplayer, but player map gives a good idea, i.e. stick with squad.

Lots of nice little height play, i.e. can outflank using ledges

Multiplayer quick match seems flaky, server browser on xbox 360 is better.

Black Ops is now in its box to never come out again.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 29-Oct-11 17:53:56
Print Post

Re: BF3 first quick thoughts

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Compared to the beta it is a lot better.

MW3 has a lot to improve on compared to MW2, as the pace has been upped in bf3

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 29-Oct-11 18:36:10
Print Post

Lots of nice little height play, i.e. can outflank using ledges

Yeah, I found some excellent little ledges on Tehran Highway. smile

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-11 00:18:30
Print Post

Thats a matter of opinion Andrew and its what side of the fence you sit on in the first place.

If you are a take it or leave it Cod player then thats all well and good,but if your someone like me that loves everything that is MW then it don't have to do a single thing different from the previous MW games apart from a few added touches and more balanced kill streaks.

MW suits my style and i love the fast ,frantic ,action all running at a lovely fast 60fps,and when it launched i doubt very much if the console version of Battlefield is that much better than MW3.

One thing it will do is bring a solid Single player experience that Dice can only dream about,and from what i have seen of the rest then roll on NOVEMBER 8TH because like it or not this will Own Battlefield 3 and second hand copies of the game will litter the game shops everywhere.

Well thats only my opinion obviously and that is going on what other so call hardened Battlefield supporters think of the game since its release.

Personally i am in no position to comment but there has been enough negativity regarding the game and the fact what i saw of the beta could not convince me to buy it.

For those that have it and think its great then all well in FPS paradise but i know which side my bread is buttered.wink
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 30-Oct-11 06:41:54
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I have to say the majority on here with regard BF3 have been fairly open and honest about the good bad points, I hope you will be the same with MW3? I get the feeling if MW3 is a polished turd you would still say its great? I really do hope you don`t, I want honest feed back as I maybe tempted albeit COD BLOPS really soured me. Have not touched the COD series since then.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-11 08:58:38
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

Grumpy you obviously don't know me very well because whatever the game is i will give positive or negative views regardless.

Last year i posted my thoughts and opinions about Black ops and they were not good but i never have been a lover of anything Treyarch developed.

If MW3 fails to deliver or i find things i don't like then it will be posted on here within hours,but and its a BIG but if its anything like the previous MW games minus the hackers there is going to be little for me to moan about.wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 30-Oct-11 09:06:41
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrGrumpy:
I have to say the majority on here with regard BF3 have been fairly open and honest about the good bad points, I hope you will be the same with MW3? I get the feeling if MW3 is a polished turd you would still say its great? I really do hope you don`t, I want honest feed back as I maybe tempted albeit COD BLOPS really soured me. Have not touched the COD series since then.

You say you have not touched the Cod series since COD BLOPS...............There has not been any game released since COD BLOPS so i don't know where you are coming from with that comment.

If your saying you didn't like Black ops last year then i totally agree but like i said this was not developed by Infinity Ward but Treyarch.

And once again for those quick to tell me that Infinity Ward have been divided and split up and are no more.............I know two of the lead programers and founders left along with many more following but its still got that MW feel.and you never know Sledgehammer may have bought something good to the table with some new ideas because it looks very much like previous MW games
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-11 09:18:10
Print Post

I think he's been fairly balanced in his criticism to be honest. He doesn't have to like battlefield games. And I'd rather he doesn't keep his opinion to himself if he loves MW3. With the amount of games he buys, he will know a thing or two about how they handle. Replying to posts is easier than starting them on the gaming forum (or so it would seem).

I'm strictly in the middle concerning both these games. I'm enjoying BF3, but it's controls benefit mouse play so I won't find it as responsive as a PC gamer might. That's constructive criticism from somebody who will continue to play and enjoy the game. But it's ok it seems for a PC gamer to post that we don't deserve better as console gamers? Not really is it. If I posted that I would be accused of being a COD fanboy.

COD won't be a polished turd, because it wasn't a turd in the first place. It may not be revolutionary but that is a completely different argument. Tomato ketchup is a not a particularly cosmopolitan sauce. But that doesnt mean millions and millions of people must be under the evil influence if the Heinz corporation (and let's face it, it has to be Heinz).

Same thing goes for COD. Unless of course you can prove Actvision faked the moon landings. I wouldnt put it past them mind. That last zombie map may have been based on inside information? tongue

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 30-Oct-11 09:28:13
Print Post

Sorry my mistake, what I should of said was after finishing the single player and then trying multiplayer I never touched it again! It was that bad! Stupid kill streaks and hacks galore, waste of cash IMO.

I hope COD MW3 is an improvement, in my opinion, I think it will probably be the same old same old. Will I buy it? Dunno will probably get pressured of my son I`m sure.

Its funny my lad hated BLOPs as well and actually preferred BF2BC when I let him have a shot. Maybe these sort of games have now run their course and its really only the diehards that will but it.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Oct-11 09:40:43
Print Post

I'm still having fun with it mate. It does hurt my eyes after a while, but I can live with the frame rate as some of the maps have lovely graphics. I hardnt tried Kharg Island until SPOOK mentioned it, and it's a mixed bag. A lot barer than some of the other maps, but some visuals, the ground / sea etc. are really nice. It does make some of the running a tad less tedious. Been sniped whilst checking out the floor a few times, lol! I can only imagine how much nicer the PC effort will look.

The one real gripe I have is the aiming though. To get a consistently accurate aiming speed you need to crank the sensitivity way down low. And that then obviously interferes with your turning speed. I can imagine that being ideal with a mouse and maybe thats the reason. Maybe you can understand that as an ex PC gamer. I never have, so it's just my interpretation of things. It's not terrible, but it will never overturn MW with that feel.

And I think if it handled like MW you would learn to love this game mate, there is some fast action to be had on the medium sized maps.

That said, MW3 will hopefully bring even more joy than MW2 with the extended spec ops features. I doubt I will play much else than spec ops / survival in November unless my buddies aren't available to play with. As you know I'm not a big fan of COD MP matchmaking.

Live BQM

37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to