Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User NuttyMucker
(member) Wed 02-Nov-11 14:01:51
Print Post

Modern Warfare 3 4 Hour exclusive

[link to this post]

MW3

In work so cant watch it all but looks very impressive.

Cant wait, less than 6 days yipeeesmile

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Nov-11 14:32:12
Print Post

Re: Modern Warfare 3 4 Hour exclusive

[re: NuttyMucker] [link to this post]

Hard to judge with grainy 360p video, couldn't see how dynamic the shadows etc are. The amount of drift/moving scenery in BF3 can hypnotise at times

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Wed 02-Nov-11 17:37:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes I have to agree the 360p doesnt work very well but it would have been better split into sections and a higher quality used. I scanned through the 4 hour clip in around 20 minutes and the best bit I found was right at the end (4.01.00)seeing the reaper perk in action brilliant!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Nov-11 17:47:56
Print Post

Been watching clips of it on and of but did not really want to spoil what looks like everything i wanted and expect.............Can not wait for it and really hyped wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Nov-11 18:02:34
Print Post

The more i see the more i know this game wont disappoint as long as those perks and strike packages don't get really stupid and over powered.

I can see people saying it looks exactly like MW 1 and 2 but for me thats exactly what i want only more intense in action fighting and brand new maps with brand new game modes and weapons that feel like weapons and sound like weapons.

Someone wake me up Tuesday Morning will you.......

So curious now to actually see what ign.com give the game in there review after hyping it to death with there live feed and previews over the last few months.

Dont be fooled i have seen many a game ign have raved about ripped to shreds a few months later when there reviews go live.

Book some time of Nutty because your eyes are going to bleed matey wink

Normally i would play through single player before i touch online but im up for some survival if you are Tuesday night.

Edited by time2die (Wed 02-Nov-11 18:04:38)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-Nov-11 18:26:30
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Hope it is all you hope it is, as it means that the two FPS schools will both be during the winter.

Plenty of room for two or more good games in the market

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(member) Wed 02-Nov-11 19:24:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I am off Tuesday as I have an appointment in the afternoon so I plan on picking the game up after midnight and then do an all nighter.

Not sure how many of my clan will be doing the same but if there not many people I know online will just do story and then Tuesday morning and day do some survival and multiplayer.

I cancelled a conference (Free food and booze for 3 days) because of the launch date.

Time I will be up for lots of survival and multi

It will be worth it i'm sure smile

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 02-Nov-11 19:33:01
Print Post

Its the modern day equivalent of Quake3 tongue

Not that it means its rubbish ! I may have my arm twisted to buy it by my son no doubt. Looks very similar to what's gone before, might be interesting to see how well it does compared to the last games.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 02-Nov-11 20:01:45
Print Post

As someone who doesn't own a console and never will do, (pc gamer) my interest in this game is the co-op part of it if there is one, as cod world at war co-op was a lame attempt at a real co-op mode, should of been able to have upto16 players not 2 or 4 ,run &gun becomes like watching paint dry after a few hours for me, that's in a server with no streamed cheats being used ,add them and im done ,

My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1109135337.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1088567519.png
http://www.pingtest.net/result/29483331.png
Results from http://www.speed.io
(Copied on 2011-09-18 22:29:00)
Download: 14772 Kbit/s
Upload : 1676 kbit/s
Connects : 2808 conn/min
Ping: 11 ms
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Nov-11 00:06:05
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

If it takes the same formula as previous MW games then i think the MW crowd will be well happy,can only go on what i have read about it and the many hundreds of videos and it looks to me spot on.

If i want to be negative the graphic engine needs a serious update,the graphics are nice but honestly there is no real difference from MW2 and i am been totally honest.

MW 1 raised the bar for what we have today and took the role play element of ranking up with hit points and put that in a FPS now everyone copies it.

At the end of the day Andrew we have 2 camps here , the MW fans and the Battlefield fans and i don't see any reason why we all can not enjoy what we like playing without any sarcastic remarks about either game from the opposite sides.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to