Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Nov-11 17:00:30
Print Post

Uncharted 3.......Initial impressions.

[link to this post]

Well if you been watching the trailers and checking out the reviews you know that this game has had some serious high scores with glowing praise for the graphics.

Been a avid fan of the first two games it was on my most wanted list but guess what,after playing it for a solid 4 hours today as nice as it plays and looks with eye candy sweet graphics I'm bored already.

I mean i new what to expect,lots of puzzles,lots of climbing,plenty of lovely cut scenes,lots of shooting,and lots of exploring and i guess thats the point with this type of game but its getting a tad tedious i have to say.

First 2 games i loved to bits but to be honest either I'm getting extremely frustrated with gaming as i get older or this game brings nothing new to the table and i might as well be playing uncharted 1 .

Dont get me wrong this game is drop dead gorgeous in the graphic department but i seem uninterested and find it a complete chore playing it.

Explore this ,climb up here,shoot some bad guys .Climb a bit more,do a puzzle .climb a bit more. have a cut scene ,then climb a bit more...................

Apart from gears 3 there seems little that interests me at present and i think after next Tuesday if feel the same then I'm packing up gaming.

Never felt so disillusioned with games this year and i have to question if i am going of them a little or i buy far to many in the first place.

Games are my passion like a few others on here but there are times when i need to take a back seat when it comes to buying certain games and thats one of the reasons i left Battlefield 3 on the shelf because i knew that if i took a dislike to it in the first 30 minutes and having limited patience it would have been a complete waste of money.

If you like previous Uncharted games then im sure you will be impressed but expect exactly the same as the previous games,may be its just me and im really not that into gaming at present having been disappointed quite a few times this year with potential great games just not making the grade.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Wed 02-Nov-11 20:23:49
Print Post

Re: Uncharted 3.......Initial impressions.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
i think after next Tuesday if feel the same then I'm packing up gaming.

shocked

Knowing you, you'll likely be playing until you're too old to hold a controller. tongue

So my bet is when MW3 comes along you won't shut up about it for a good few weeks/months. Then you'll be moaning again. And the rest of us will still be playing BF3. wink
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-Nov-11 23:57:09
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Well if i go on about MW3 like you said it will be no different to you lot going on about battlefield 3,anyway if thats the case and i do rave on about it lets hope its positive and not negative.wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 03-Nov-11 00:01:15
Print Post

Well, we will see. smile

Hopefully MW3 will at least have a worthy single player campaign as that's what I enjoyed from the original.

The BF3 SP was quite a poor effort though it was enjoyable in places. Not a patch on MW one though, now that was a great game.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Nov-11 00:08:06
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Both MW single player campaign have been really great and i don't see this changing with MW3, nice that you admit it though Spook.wink.

To be honest with you Spook from what i have seen regarding MW3 then single player is least of my worries as it holds far more interest as to whats online.

Normally i would do the campaign before touching any side of the Multiplayer but i doubt i will be able to resist taking a look at survival and kill confirmed game modes.

And thats just 2 of many different game types added.

Edited by time2die (Thu 03-Nov-11 00:10:39)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 03-Nov-11 06:58:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
......there seems little that interests me at present and i think after next Tuesday if I feel the same then I'm packing up gaming.

What are those big pink things flying overhead? tongue

Come Tuesday you will be like a little pig in poo. I've jet ordered myself some headphones from Shopto.net as a birthday pressie to myself. I plumped for PX21s in the end, as I think Swanny has them. I have an awesome surround sound system, so I just want something for the early evening until the brats are properly asleep.

It's a minefield really with all the latest wireless stuff, but in my experience wired will have far better clarity and no hiss. I'm sure that the more expensive wireless sets will sound great, but for 60 odd quid I'll be happy with the PX21s. Apparently I get some "MW3 bonus content" whatever that is.

And it has mic monitoring so that you won't hear me screaming that the filthy ruskie on survival mode level 12 cheated. Who am I kidding, the screaming will just not be so loud. You won't be able to hear me from over there at Xbox live though. frown

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 03-Nov-11 13:46:48
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah I got myself a new set of headphones for gaming the other week, also an (early in my case) birthday treat! Mine are the Asus Vulcan ANC. Daft name, a little daft looking but they were given a positive review at BitTech and were on budget so I thought they would do. And they do!

Not tried the mic yet though. You can turn it off easily enough so hopefully I'll remember to do that whenever I feel the need to vent off and scream.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Nov-11 15:35:48
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I have the turtle beach PX5 pricey but extremely nice ,only thing i dislike is the fact that if i want to keep changing from 360 to playstation i have to take out the optical lead and reset the xbox 360 or playstation every-time.

Thats probably why i stick to playing the 360 more ..

Yes matey Next Tuesday i really do hope I'm like a pig in Poo as you say and shopto.net better not let me down with this game,if that postman walks up the path and all that drops through the letterbox is bills then i wont be happy bunny thats for sure.

If it's a great game mate i might pick it up on the playstation at some point if the network is not as bad as Black ops was but i have to say i am really excited for this MW3 more so than any other game.wink

Ive decided on 3 more games for the rest of the year after MW3 and those are Saints Row The 3rd, Skyrim, and the new Zelda game for the covered in dust Nintendo wii.

But if MW3 grabs a lot of my attention which i hope it does then i might leave them until next year or have them as Christmas Presents.smile

And i do hope this is TRUE wink and if I'm going to be completely straight up and say this game is going to be brilliant..............Now i hope i have not put the kiss if death on it ?

UPDATE

Funnily enough i just checked out my MW3 hardened edition on Shopto.net website and i noticed that this is not been sent by Royal Mail but buy TNT next day.

Thats not something i wanted to here i can only presume that the Hardened edition don't fit through the letterbox.

Now i can see TNT turning up at 5.30 tuesday afternoon or putting a calling card through the door when I'm on the toilet or in the shower mad

Kind of wished that i had got this from a shop to be honest because even if i did not bother with a Midnight launch i could have had it at 9am the following day.

Edited by time2die (Thu 03-Nov-11 16:29:27)

Print Thread

Jump to