Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Nov-11 13:10:38
Print Post

Remember the Airport Scene in MW2 ?

[link to this post]

Remember the airport scene in MW2 that caused quite a bit of controversy well MW3 has had a new clip just posted on YouTube that is going to do the same.

Provided its not been pulled for copyright protection and you dont mind a slight spoiler then you can watch the short 1 minute clip HERE

It involves a small child so those of a sensitive nature would be advised not to watch but it is in the full game
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 04-Nov-11 15:16:32
Print Post

Re: Remember the Airport Scene in MW2 ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Clip removed already!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 04-Nov-11 15:20:45
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Basically a truck bombing at the start of a level it appeared to be. Player had no involvement, i.e. was a spectator, which makes it different to the airport scene.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Nov-11 15:41:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yep pulled already and like Andrew says it involved the start of the level where the player is not in control but its still a little shocker, but this is a War Game and these things are not limited just to soldiers but civilians also.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 04-Nov-11 15:48:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Yep pulled already and like Andrew says it involved the start of the level where the player is not in control but its still a little shocker, but this is a War Game and these things are not limited just to soldiers but civilians also.

Especially if you're an American soldier in Iraq it seems.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Nov-11 15:53:32
Print Post

So Spook ......To sum up what do you really think of Battlefield 3 and has it lived up to your expectations and are you happy with the end product.

Im getting FPS withdrawal symptoms at present and I'm so looking forward to next Tuesday as long as TNT dont let me down.wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 04-Nov-11 18:07:38
Print Post

Battlefield 3 is starting to feel more like a typical battlefield game and that's a good thing. The jury's still out as I've yet to play the mp fully: I've mainly been playing Caspian Border and have only played the other maps a couple of times each. But it looks good so far.

The maps are cleverly worked out it seems. They look nice in the main. People go down a lot quicker than they used to in BF2, it seems. I noticed that in the beta and it's a welcomed thing for me. Feels a little more visceral, that now you can't get away with being plastered with bullets and so have to adopt a little more caution. It makes you feel more honed, that you might get it at any minute - you can't just walk into bullets anymore.

I think the vehicle handling has gone right down hill though. Nothing feels real anymore. I know they must have been tweaking it post release and it's gotten worse not better.

You also have to unlock everything useful now and that includes smokes and distress flares for planes and helos as well as tanks. I am in two minds about this as it is excessive but it seems to work on one level. It's definitely more arcadey in presentation now, and largely thanks to some imitation of COD.

At the moment, flying the jets is largely a waste of time for me. All you've got is a machine gun and that's not much help really. I'm much better flying the helos but if you're quite low you're not going to last long. That's the same whoever's flying it seems as many times I've been gunner and we're lucky to stay up 10 seconds before someone disables the helo and of course, you only know about it when you realise the helo's out of control and crashing towards the ground.

Something funny happened whilst playing last night actually: I was jumping off a tall building and pulled my parachute only for it to open once I'd hit the ground. That made me chuckle though it wasn't much use to me after I'd landed in a crumpled heap. Would have been pure comedy to watch though. smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Nov-11 18:10:11
Print Post

Check out this VIDEO as I'm sure it will be taken of the site pretty sharp soon.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Nov-11 18:11:31
Print Post

Sure you was not playing saints row the 3rd wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Fri 04-Nov-11 18:14:48
Print Post

Yeah, cheers. I got to the link in time! Typical that in London you have to have American characters in order for the game to appeal to you know who.

Actually, London looks more like something out of Mary Poppins. You half expect to see Dick van Dyke walking along whistling...

Edited by SPOOKish (Fri 04-Nov-11 18:16:25)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to