Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Nov-11 18:37:01
Print Post

Best BF3 weapons??

[link to this post]

I read somewhere that the UMP45 was supposed to be overpowered but after unlocking it last night and having a quick go with it I wasn't impressed. Mind you I was playing particularly badly last night blush

Which weapons do you recommend for the classes you play??

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Mon 07-Nov-11 18:52:32
Print Post

Re: Best BF3 weapons??

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

The majority of my time has been spent playing as engineer. Since I unlocked the SCAR-H, for some reason, I have stuck with that. I've unlocked quite a few various scopes for it, including the IR one which I quite like except it's only 1X.

All the other weapons are at base, meaning I don't really have any worthwhile upgrades for them yet. I want to play assault/medic class more as it's a useful squad kit.

I think the reason I went eng'y was partly because I like blowing things up with the RPGs. It's nice to just blast walls apart and shoot rockets at campers and snipers once in a while.

I play so badly a lot of the time I wonder why I'm even playing, it's embarrassing. No real excuses either. It's relatively early days though as it takes me a long time to get used to new maps and the choke points they have so I know I will improve - I've never played an online game so poorly for so long before really. It's partially as I just don't give a toss anymore and can't muster up the will to play with a keen mind.

The last time I played so poorly was when I first got into CSS but I got much better in just days. I don't play online much or games that much really so I may be well out of synch with the 'hardcore' set who do it all the time.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Nov-11 19:01:09
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

On Scar H now, and remember staying with in BC2

Had my embarassing hour on Sunday afternoon, then some storming games in the evening. A lot depends on the group you play with, i.e. mutual support, snipers spotting, health, ammo

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acting_funny
(member) Mon 07-Nov-11 19:26:53
Print Post

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ag42gMGK...

weapon damage/fall off etc, not sure how accurate that data is but seems about right.
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-Nov-11 23:13:32
Print Post

M416 is my favourite for Assault but the AEK is good and the F2000 is supposed to be good (particularly close range) but I have not tried it myself as I am using each gun to 350 kills before moving on.

For engi the G36C is the best I have found but the A-91 isn't bad either.

TBH the AK7/M4a1/M16a3 are not too bad really - just get a grip on them and away you go.

The UMP was OP in beta but it is horrible in the real game in my opinion. Accurate enough but so slow firing and not much damage.

The SCAR-H is horrible as well - and it was in BC2! What is wrong with you guys! tongue (slow rate of fire, not particularly accurate and it has only 20 rounds per clip)

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.

Edited by ilh (Mon 07-Nov-11 23:16:02)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Mon 07-Nov-11 23:31:08
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ilh:
The SCAR-H is horrible as well - and it was in BC2! What is wrong with you guys! tongue (slow rate of fire, not particularly accurate and it has only 20 rounds per clip)

Hehe. I take a very unscientific and some might say, unintelligent unconsidered approach to my gaming - maybe that's a large part of the reason for why I (and some others perhaps?) am doing so poorly. To be fair, sometimes I lack the will to even press the mouse fire button. Seriously! I just feel empty and lazy and maybe it's the pacifist in me. I dunno. What a nob I am!

Yeah, I noticed the F2000 up close. Quite a few times in fact. I don't have it unlocked yet but I sure have felt it up close plenty of times. Seems a bit overpowered really. I really hate the underslung grenade launcher actually - again I don't have one but it's too easy for people to massacre everyone else with it as is the mortar. Too many mortar shells raining down actually. Must be ace using it mind but it causes extreme misery sometimes when there's more than one hitting the same spot, like unending artillery for BF2.

crazy

It's my b/d today actually. Too many years old today. I may yet have a little birthday luck left in me and there's a good half an hour left of the day so who knows, armed with this newfound knowledge perhaps I can put this info and more scientific way of viewing things into practice and go kill some blighters! Instead of just being killed... tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Nov-11 07:17:46
Print Post

Belated happy birthday mate.

Older but wiser. wink

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Nov-11 08:49:33
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

I've been on the wrong end of the F2000 too many times now.
I like the SCAR but will give the G36C a try as soon as I get one (35000 points to go)

Happy birthday Spook smile

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Thalgrum
(learned) Wed 09-Nov-11 10:09:09
Print Post

The M249 is seriously overpowered, hopefully it will be nerfed soon, I've been on the wrong end of it quite a few times, with a scope and a foregrip, people use it like a fully automatic sniper rifle
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 09-Nov-11 10:53:18
Print Post

Happy belated birthday mate! I stick to the F2000 at the moment but may try the G36C at some point soon but the F2000 has hardly any recoil and good range.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to