Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 11-Nov-11 19:23:45
Print Post

BF3 - This is what I wanted to hear!

[link to this post]

https://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/1350642329...

I thought it was going to be different servers for the add-on but it being 1 big rotation is exactly what I wanted. Roll on December!

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Nov-11 20:55:51
Print Post

Re: BF3 - This is what I wanted to hear!

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Marvellous smile

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 28-Nov-11 15:54:49
Print Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGXp-qRrVg

Gameplay trailer for Gulf of Oman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emGXp-qRrVg

Gotta love the bobcat! smile

Below is the karkand one if it was missed by anyone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjTmieRMKjo

~ilh

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 28-Nov-11 19:04:07
Print Post

vids look ace smile

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Nov-11 19:28:00
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

The best bit is having the game too, so can watch knowing that it will actually be like that.

Some maps are slow paced, others are hectic, and sometimes its just too fast

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Mon 28-Nov-11 21:31:28
Print Post

Wow! And even T2D will have to admit, that looks...

AWESOME!
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-11 01:13:32
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Looks fantastic Spook but as we all know its on a high end PC and if it had been on a console i would have been well and truly impressed. wink

Still got the wrapper on my copy of Battlefield 3 so no comments from me about the game as i have far to many games to play at present with MW3 and Zelda taking priority with Saints Row the 3rd kind of a also ran.

Can not say I'm totally sold on Saints Row even though i have not really played much of it,graphically its diabolical and you could think it was a playstation 2 game,even on that console i have seen way better performance and graphical flair.

I intend to give Battlefield 3 a go one day but first i will load the so called texture pack so i can see it at it so called best on the limitations of the consoles.

I just hope that both Microsoft and Sony release next generation consoles next year or at least announce them
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Tue 29-Nov-11 11:55:51
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Well, it's true that it's going to look better graphically on a PC and also that the video is just marketing material - no game actually can play out quite like that: all snippets of action bundled together with a cool beating soundtrack but as far as it goes, it did look the business.

The future of console gaming is going to be a very interesting one. There are plenty of rumours even Apple might get in on the action, or even Valve! I guess it wouldn't be out of the question for Google to make an appearance but they'll probably wait to see what Apple have done and then steal their best ideas (joke!).

Microsoft and Sony's next gen consoles are really going to be interesting to see - it kind of scares me to think what they'll be capable of. The new Nintendo doesn't look too good at all.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-Nov-11 14:11:23
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Like i said in a previous post regarding Nintendo new console it does not interest me to be honest and the only way i could see that changing was if it got released with a new zelda game that blows me away and that is not going to happen.

All new next generation consoles normally get released with limited quality games and the last must have console with a killer game was the original xbox with Halo about a decade a go.

The playstation 2 launch came with ridge racer and tekken [big deal] and the playstation 3 launch came with nothing of substance or nothing like a killer game that made you want to invest in a new next gen console.

I do hope that we see some decent software the next time they launch new consoles and don't have to wait a couple of years for developers to get the best out of them .

And next time i would not like to see one particular console getting the best port of a multi-platform game just like the 360 has for the past 6 years.

I really think that both Sony and Microsoft will have a new console out before Christmas 2013.
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Dec-11 14:13:38
Print Post

Now for wake Island (PS3 footage)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-BX_DATeik

There is a vote at the bottom of battlelog for which maps everyone is looking forwards to most and sharqi is bottom of the list (7%) but it used to be my favourite BF2 map. Karkand is of course ace but wake and oman were too vehicley for me - although I now get on a lot better with flying vehicles so I think I will enjoy them more

~ilh

Print Thread

Jump to