Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Nov-11 12:00:09
Print Post

Choice to be made...

[link to this post]

I'm bored of my current games and want a new one - I know I want one of the following, but what do you think I should get?
Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
Forza 4
F1 2011

Also, with the exception of Forza, what console should I get it on (xBox 360 or PS3)...

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Nov-11 12:23:37
Print Post

Re: Choice to be made...

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

there not exactly the same, do you want to drive cars or fire guns tongue

For shooters BF3 seems pretty decent, MW3 is decent as well allbeit MW2 reskinned from what I`ve read.

Really depends on what games you like??

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Nov-11 14:31:58
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

Can't I do both at the same time tongue
I do like a good shooter but I've played the demo for Forza which looks really good but I've also heard good things about F1 (and I've not played a F1 game for a while now)...

hmm, decisions decisions smile

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-Nov-11 15:24:31
Print Post

Have you got f1 2010? If you do or have played it, then 2011 is like a update patch rather than a proper update.

Although I don't last long playing racing games, I do notice flaws right away, and f1 2011 has soo many that it makes it dull to play for me (things like messing around on the gears to under heat and over heat my engine had no impact on my race time, yet my tires and brakes randomly giving difference performance regardless of where I had been on the track, we meet again gravel pit).

BF3 has flaws too, but what is making me rage the most is my team just sitting staring at on coming attackers, it's like all the decent players left to play mw3, and I'm stuck with people that move the Amtrac into silly positions or drive my jeep away when I clearly parked it somewhere so they can drive off and hit a mine. :<
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 13-Nov-11 16:35:16
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

I'd go for Forza 4

There are some annoying bugs / features in F1 2011 and gets a bit boring after a while

You'd probably get more value for money with Forza 4 in terms of play time

Be* Unlimited
Standard User jorkila
(member) Sun 13-Nov-11 20:47:02
Print Post

[re: nredwood] [link to this post]

I have all four mate and i would personally get them in this order:

Bf3 - Best shooter by a long way for a long long time!!!! (Sorry t2d).
Forza 4 - The best racing game ever no question.
Mw3 - Not bad but as said previously it's Mw2 revamped.
F1 2011 - Decent improvement on F1 2010and no shame in being last on the list seeing as what's above it!!
As for 360 or ps3 is all down to personal preferance, obviously psn is free but comes with it's compromises imho.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 13-Nov-11 23:21:51
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Damn that must be why I am coming up as 1st or 2nd in rounds currently

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Sun 13-Nov-11 23:27:49
Print Post

What about Skyrim? I'm playing it right now and if you liked Oblivion, you'll enjoy this.

smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Nov-11 00:40:39
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

My choice would be .......

Duke Puke em Forever ................mad Only kidding as it's the worse game this generation.

How about the new Zelda next week which will be a touch of class,or for a laugh Saints Row the 3rd or Assassins Creed Revelations

I bought Skyrim and for me its just to dam deep and way over my head and i have not got the patience,really don't see what people like in these games as I'm bored already and why they rave about the graphics is beyond belief .

Modern Warfare 3 for me all the way [Sorry Jorkilla] but if you want a OAP game at a far slower pace then its Battlefield 3 [sorry again Jorkilla].

There are plenty of older pensioners playing it with fading eye site like Spook, Mr Grumpy ,Swanny and a fair few others from these very forums.

In fact they have a clan i think called Battlefield pensioners United wink its slow well suited to players that have not got the reflexes of days gone by and when you rank up you get better walking sticks,and powered wheel chairs to get you into the action quicker smile

But if you prefer a much faster activity then its MW3 matey wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 14-Nov-11 00:55:41)

Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Mon 14-Nov-11 03:31:00
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
There are plenty of older pensioners playing it with fading eye site like Spook, Mr Grumpy ,Swanny and a fair few others from these very forums.

In fact they have a clan i think called Battlefield pensioners United wink its slow well suited to players that have not got the reflexes of days gone by and when you rank up you get better walking sticks,and powered wheel chairs to get you into the action quicker smile

But if you prefer a much faster activity then its MW3 matey wink

Haha! You funny man.

Skyrim is a great game. Shame you have the patience and willpower of a gnat. We all knew it would be a bad idea for you to get it.

BF3? Well, again if you had a bit of sense you'd try it again but put your head down, like I said, and give it a fair go.

I like the idea of improved walking sticks and eye tests. Battlefield OAP! Yes, and we could have electric mobility scooters also. Maybe the MW3 crowd could use their nappy pins to stab each other with? And dirty nappies could be stink bombs. You could all have prams to run around in and throw your milk bottles at one another. wink

laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to