Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Nov-11 09:52:00
Print Post

BF3: This scares me

[link to this post]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrjz976UuIA

I absolutely love this video - it is hilarious. But I am a little worried that this guy is a 5 death streak away from a real life gun rampage in his local shopping mall.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User 12eason
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-11 10:03:57
Print Post

Re: BF3: This scares me

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Guy seems pretty intense. Probably has assbergers.

(committed) Mon 14-Nov-11 10:27:30
Print Post

They're not even playing hardcore mode. -.-

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Nov-11 10:33:39
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

I know he pauses occasionally to..very..slowly...talk...through..what..is..going...on but even with that there is probably 5 mins of footage which involves him killing 2 people and capturing 1 flag which they cannot hold. I would love to get on the opposite team to him smile

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Nov-11 10:38:28
Print Post

Only thing missing is the sound of an officers riding crop tapping on his riding boots

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-Nov-11 10:59:29
Print Post

That is taking it far to seriously but watching it the game does look nice and i think its a high end PC that we are seeing here and not a console version.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Nov-11 17:19:30
Print Post

Hmm killing Spree!!!!!!!!!

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Mon 14-Nov-11 18:25:31
Print Post

That was my sentiment as well. Despite the guy being a very socially aware player - falling back to find a safe spawn point for his squad mates - in my mind, they overdo it to tedious and ineffective levels of anality.

Had I been his squad mate I would have been seriously peed off dying so many times - what was he doing wrong? It was quite amusing the other two squad members were utterly silent.

I would have liked to play against him also, just to hopefully demonstrate the concept of 'winging it' and having fun.

Having said all this, I can respect the good communication he has - it's short and generally effective. They are always clear about the other's intentions though I'm not sure about their extreme 'hang back' strategy. Sometimes the situation calls for moving in quickly and uncapping a flag even if under intense heat of battle and they didn't seem to spot enemy players much themselves, which is far better than describing the direction a player is moving in etc.

This guy obviously takes life very seriously. I bet he must have a very high IQ and has probably built his own nuclear bomb or something. Like you, I hope he doesn't ever decide to go on his own killing spree. That would not look good if, after the event, investigators got hold of his Youtube guides to playing Battlefield 3. We would be globally banned! crazy
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-Nov-11 18:36:05
Print Post

oh dear...

I have no problem with playing as a team. I do that with my mates quite often but these guys are clearly taking it too far.

"copy". anyone that says that needs a slap. They're actors...pretenders. Wishing they were actually in the army but don't have the balls and can't admit it.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
29.5Mbit down / 5.5Mbit up
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 15-Nov-11 09:39:55
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

Nail on the head orly smile Like SPOOK said as well the hang back strategy is stupid, not much effort made to push up when needed and no spotting, even if you do use your "l33t army speak" you're still not going to win wars with that alone!!

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to