Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Felizdia
(newbie) Mon 28-Nov-11 14:26:54
Print Post

PS3 wirless to Wired

[link to this post]

Hi I am wirless connected at the mo, and having problems with my router and orange broadband.

I am looking at going wired, looked on the internet and there are so many posibilities and at all different prices.

Is this cable
Belkin RJ45 CAT 5e UTP Crossover Cable Yellow 10m

ok for a wired system

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Nov-11 14:40:32
Print Post

Re: PS3 wirless to Wired

[re: Felizdia] [link to this post]

No need for a cross over cable you want a standard patch cable - what you have picked will probably work though.

Belkin Cat5e Snagless UTP Patch Cable (Blue) 10m £3.46 on Amazon.co.uk Assuming 10m is long enough.

If keeping it neat, you might want to find a colour that matches the skirting board so its less obvious

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Felizdia
(newbie) Mon 28-Nov-11 15:06:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi MrSaffron,

Thank for replying, will go with the cheaper cable as, it was hubby who said go for an expensive one for quality, but I just wanted something that would do the job, colour not a issue but thanks for mentioning it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 28-Nov-11 15:30:07
Print Post

[re: Felizdia] [link to this post]

Generally with Ethernet cables so long as it works it will be fine. Some more expensive ones will cope with more wear and tear e.g. it is ran across a room as and when needed, but generally Cat5e is pretty tough.

That includes even the cheap £1.50 patch cables you can buy from some places, though can't certify all stores.

If you were looking at a 100m long cable, then quality might be more of a consideration

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to