Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 07-Dec-11 08:52:06
Print Post

New BF3 maps

[link to this post]

So what do you reckon??
I think they feel smaller and more cluttered than in BF2. Maybe just because they have been adapted to fit a console???
But I do like them smile

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Dec-11 09:28:44
Print Post

Re: New BF3 maps

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I will tell you in a week frown

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 10:44:57
Print Post

I'm coming to take away your PS3 for a week, you've been bad!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 10:51:11
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

I'll fight you for it wink

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 10:56:25
Print Post

Nah, I'll just leave this here and laugh at the jet speeds you have to put up with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded...

Honestly I thought people's aim was bad on PC, but that is whole different level of spray and pray. wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 12:59:13
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

That looks ok to me smile

Some times my aim is good but other times I couldn't hit a barn door, [censored] joypads. I miss my mouse frown

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 15:45:14
Print Post

Have you seen what they have done?!

The flipping JSF hovers! And they have it hovering all over the place from what I can see in the vids.
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 11-Dec-11 03:00:21
Print Post

Which new maps are these?

Sharqi Peninsula, Oman, Karkand? All BF2 re-hashes
Wake Island is from BF1942...and BF2...and um...BF2142

Talk about laziness. "GAMERS! OUR NEWEST CONTENT FOR YOU! IT'S LIKE SOMETHING YOU'VE SEEN BEFORE!"

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
29.5Mbit down / 5.5Mbit up

Edited by orly (Sun 11-Dec-11 03:08:03)

Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Dec-11 11:29:17
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ilh:
I will tell you in a week frown

Might have forgotten this... but, since I have now remembered I will give you all a quick summary of my opinions. Basically I think they are fantastic. People might go on about them being re-hashes of old maps (which they are... to some extent) but that only in terms of the layout. The destructibility of buildings coupled with the fact that you can get in 90% of the buildings that you couldn't in BF2 make this much more than a simple re-hash. We have all seen the old maps shunted around the CoDs and they are simple transfers with new textures but this is different. This is a re-imagining of the maps on a huge scale. Given that they were using a whole new engine and they couldn't port the maps directly they seem to have really thought a lot about what they could add to the maps to make them better. Although you will recognise all of the bits of the maps from BF2, the opened up buildings and being able to knock whole buildings down/ walls etc make it a whole new experience. Sharqi is again becoming my favourite as it is quite close quarters urban combat where being on foot is often an advantage. Karkand is the same (certainly until you cross the river) but you have your huge vehicle biased oman and wake to go with it. With 8 control points on some of the maps there are whole new levels to flanking that just are not there in the main maps - it is practically impossible to bottle people in.

The assignments are good as well - wish it had all been assignment based for unlocks. They could easily have added requirements that structured it (rank, time played as a class, perquisite gun unlock requirements) so that people didn't get any gun they wanted straight away.

I have started playing on servers that have all 13 maps now as there is only 4 new maps so you can overkill them a bit but generally a thumbs up from me for the re-hash that isn't a re-hash smile

[edit]As I said with the assignments they should have included with the initial release it does make you be a bit more critical of the original title with its maximum of 5 flags. It doesn't offer the same level of chaos and team play and options to out-flank the enemy provided by the B2K pack. I don't know why they kept everything 5 flags but (and I risk the wrath of console owners everywhere here) I can't help but wonder if that was a contributing factor.[/edit]

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.

Edited by ilh (Wed 21-Dec-11 11:35:07)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Dec-11 12:00:00
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

I can't find the Zero fighter on Wake, I guess some pikeys must have taken it off for scrap frown

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to