Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 01:20:25
Print Post

Battlefield 3............Still not for me ?

[link to this post]

Well i finally got around to installing Battlefield 3 and the new xbox updates which all in all took the best part of 45 minutes.

But I'm afraid thats were the fun ends and i had a more exciting time watching the loading bar load than actually playing this game.

Each to there own but for me this is not a patch on MW in all honesty and it feels like playing a FPS on the moon and feels very much like playing Killzone with a very strange movement which obviously comes from 30fps and not 60fps.

Sort of got that laggy Bouncy feel to it.bit like when someone throws a stun/flash grenade in MW but in this case it feels like it in general.

Im not coming on here to bash the game that many of you love but this to me is average at best and i just don't see why so many prefer this over COD games in general.

I only played it for 1 hour but in all honesty i could not wait to get back into some fast ,frantic action that is MW3 because this game is just to dam slow and graphically there is nothing to shout about.

I was hoping that i would get a little converted and feel what others feel reference this game but sadly its a game i wont be playing again unless they pull the plug on MW3 servers and that just aint going to happen.

I know Jaxx,Spook and quite a lot of you on here think Battlefield is the best thing since sliced bread and i respect your views regarding this so respect mine wink.

Edited by time2die (Thu 08-Dec-11 01:22:20)

Standard User ccxo
(member) Thu 08-Dec-11 02:49:34
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 3............Still not for me ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You played it on the xbox thats why, ive seen the xbox against the pc the game looks so poor on it.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 08:55:44
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

The games ok at the end of the day but nothing like everyone expected,i have played many Battlefield games and its just one of those games that i just can not get into and i always feel underwhelmed when playing them.

Consoles are showing there age and this game proves it even with the so called texture pack loaded.

I am probably been a little unfair as i refuse to keep playing it for to long and 1 hour really is no amount of time ,but if you just don't like something then in my case one hour is more than i give most games that have no initial appeal.

Its also not very balanced and in the map i played i captured the flag went into a house and the opposing force turned up in a tank and recaptured it then left,then i repeated this and they done the same for the next 20 minutes............Found the experience quite boring to be honest.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 10:44:09
Print Post

Have you tried the spam tastic maps that are basicly CoD cluster<you know what>? Metro Conquest, Damavand Peak Conquest and Rush, Grand Bazaar TDM?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 10:48:48
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Im not coming on here to bash the game that many of you love but this to me is average at best and i just don't see why so many prefer this over COD games in general.

Each to their own
I feel exactly the same about COD. I tried playing TDM on BF3 but just got [censored] off with the constant spawn die that is exactly the same as in the MW games.
MW just seems so pointless, nothing to do but constantly kill and be killed

I'm loving BF3 and am so glad I gave up with MW2 when it was hacked to death it's a shame you didn't like it. imo it's a much more fulfilling gaming experience

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 10:50:48
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gzero:
Have you tried the spam tastic maps that are basicly CoD cluster<you know what>? Metro Conquest, Damavand Peak Conquest and Rush, Grand Bazaar TDM?

I just posted about TDM in my post smile
They are basically MW style spawn die fests for people like T2D laugh

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 10:58:03
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Nah I'm pretty sure Rush is for T2D, so he can sit on the MCOM and have streams of people coming at him to shoot at. laugh
Standard User Invictel
(regular) Thu 08-Dec-11 11:47:08
Print Post

After being disappointed with MW3, I turned to BF3 and was really surprised. So much improvement from Bad Company 2.

My favourite mode is Conquest, and when you have a full squad (with them in your party too) you really get the sense of teamwork, which quite frankly COD can never provide.

Alot of people have said they dont like the Battlefield games in general..... but is that because it requires more effort? I certainly concentrate more when playing Battlefield, whereas on COD you can just run around like an idiot as everyone else has said, kill and be killed. So pointless.

I think Battlefield has really lived upto expectations, but as we all know its each to his own. No one can tell you what to play, if you prefer COD then crack on and enjoy!

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 12:52:50
Print Post

And lots of RPGs etc heading his way laugh

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Dec-11 14:10:24
Print Post

Hey guys don't upset me and make me cry wink.

I am sure in time i will return and try it for a few more hours but at the end of the day its first impressions for me and Battlefield just don't cut it in my case.

Just like people don't like the run and gun tactics that is MW and Cod games in general,but thats what makes us all different and individual because if we all likes the same then it would be pretty boring.

I understand why some prefer B3 over Cod and visa versa but obviously i like fast ,frantic action and shooting plenty of people and im not one for camping or tactics just my run and gun style that a few dislike or find it hard to cope with needing fast reactions.

Dont get me wrong there are times when even the mighty T2D gets owned tongue especially with the fading reflexes that seem to have deserted me somewhat nowadays .

I was so looking forward to ranking up and getting my beloved ACR gun that i loved in previous MW2 but after getting it i find i prefer the Scar and guns you get from the start.

My only gripe with MW3 apart from the fact im getting to old for all this is the maps are disappointing and to small and I'm hoping when they release the new map packs that the rumour that MW2 maps will be included comes true.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to