Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Abe01
(member) Thu 08-Dec-11 18:54:13
Print Post

BF3 Knifing

[link to this post]

Just got knifed by the same guy three times in one round on one of the biggest maps in the game, caspian border.

I wasn't sniping either and after the second one i made sure i was away from all the action then bam, get spun around, see his avatar looking at me, laughing almost, before killing me......i cried a little inside.

What's your take on knifing in BF3? Very satisfying when i get someone but feel almost embarrassed when it happens to me. Do you just get on with it or are you like me and go hunting the map to seek some justice?

Loving this game so much at the moment.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 08-Dec-11 22:37:50
Print Post

Re: BF3 Knifing

[re: Abe01] [link to this post]

I'm a little more like you, I guess. Sometimes I will seek someone out but if I get killed trying to exact my revenge more than twice I will just leave it.

Knifing is a bit embarrassing, yeah. I never even used to notice half the time in BF2 but you can't help but notice when it happens in BF3. Sometimes it makes me laugh when it happens; it can be a bit of a shock! Other times it's annoying.

If someone repeatedly gets me, regardless of what weapon was used, I will keep them in mind and often abandon my objective just to get them. This is especially so if they're camping/sniping from a well protected place and other people are falling foul to their ambush.

I really don't make too much out of being knifed as I think it's a bit silly anyway: the whole animation thing is overblown and unless you actually have a knife in the heart/slit throat then it's just daft it does so much damage compared to high powered bullets/rpgs and the like. I actually still prefer the knives from BF1942! laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Dec-11 01:05:05
Print Post

[re: Abe01] [link to this post]

Would be nice if it was a little bit more realistic and had some animated blood in the game,can not understand why Dice made a War Game without any Blood.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Dec-11 09:14:59
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

I will happily go out of my way to get someone who is annoying me. It is amazing how many people stay in the exact same spot having killed me and don't live very long to regret it tongue

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Dec-11 09:42:57
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

55 knife kills so far. I have been killed chasing someone trying to get my blade wet frown
It's always sweeter the higher the rank they are laugh

=TLP=Swanny
Standard User Invictel
(regular) Fri 09-Dec-11 10:43:06
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

My best one I have posted about on here before.

Enemy appeared in front of me, we both walked through an alley, both crouching down and then I stabbed him in the face.

Must have made him jump!

Print Thread

Jump to