Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User toaster1971
(newbie) Wed 21-Dec-11 13:28:48
Print Post

EA anger their BFP4F customers with 20/12/11 update.

[link to this post]

EA / EAsy have caused outrage and anger among their BFP4F customers with their 20/12/11 update.

People have paid real money for keep forever Veteran and Elite Weapons and they have just taken them away without any compensation.

The thread of rage is here: http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/forum/showthread...

142 pages in 48 hours and no response from the DEVS at EAsy.

Their forum, facebook and twitter pages are swamped with postings from angry customers. A lot of people and clans are shutting down their rented servers in protest.

Tony
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Dec-11 16:22:35
Print Post

Re: EA anger their BFP4F customers with 20/12/11 update.

[re: toaster1971] [link to this post]

Meh, don't care about cry babies who bought into a system were those that pay can gain a massive advantage and then whine when said system is removed.
Standard User SPOOKish
(experienced) Thu 22-Dec-11 01:00:37
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Wow, way to go pouring petrol on things Mr Gzero. Let's watch those flames as they get much highER!

wink

Another way to look at it would be 'you've paid for something' and expect to keep it not have it arbitrarily removed. I wonder what contractual terms people signed up to when playing and if it allows EA to do whatever the hell they want whenever they feel like it, it might say something like 'by buying perks like guns you agree that you can only use them until we take them away!!'. Yeah, that'll be it I guess.

Is that a class action lawsuit I smell brewing btw? I wonder how many times that's been mentioned lately on EA's support forums? tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 22-Dec-11 09:19:26
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Pretty much agree with Gzero, they shouldn't make more powerful guns that can be bought in games at all so it's a good thing it was removed.

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Dec-11 09:53:23
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Agreed. I don't think I'd expect anything different from EA mind. frown

Knowing how it works is completely different to understanding how it works.

Live BQM

FTTC - Aquiss Business 45
37.7Mbps Downstream
8.45Mbps Upstream
7ms Ping
(newbie) Thu 22-Dec-11 09:55:13
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
Pretty much agree with Gzero, they shouldn't make more powerful guns that can be bought in games at all so it's a good thing it was removed.

Well herein lies the issue. They weren't massively overpowered guns when they were bought by people. They were slightly better (i.e slightly less recoil and a few more rounds in the clip) and you could pay real money to keep them FOREVER instead of renting them daily/weekly for real money.

On 1/12/11 they introduced a new weapon customisation system where all the guns stats were reduced (excluding the already overpowered auto shotguns and pistols) the Devs explicitly stated that everyone who had purchased permanent weapons would get to keep the base guns and would be given permanent attachments so their weapons would be the same as purchased.

On 19/12/11 they announced at the last hour that the update on the 20th would remove these attachments and reduce the stats of the guns to useless. But it's ok as it's all in they name of balance and you can always pay us again to rent the attachments you can put on your guns to bring them back to what you originally paid for!

Hmmm, balance.... yet they didn't sort the boosted mortar strike which is now spammed on every map, just like the boosted RPGs, again spammed on every map.

People have had to resort to running round with pistols and shotguns now as they are over powered compared to the SMGs, Assault Rifles and Sniper Rifles...

The Devs and community support people have lost any credibility they ever had.

Over 3000 negative posts in 48 hours on their forum and not one reply to address the situation or try to engage with their paying customers.

They did what they did in an effort to wring more money out of their paying customers and have managed to alienate every single one of them.

I bet whoever made this decision gets sacked from EAsy studios over this.

*edited for spelling.

Edited by toaster1971 (Thu 22-Dec-11 09:56:46)

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 22-Dec-11 10:44:21
Print Post

So how much did these guns / add ons cost? Bit poor that there has been no contact to the 3,000 posts like you say. What is this BFP4F? Some kind of free servers on the PC or something?

(newbie) Thu 22-Dec-11 11:03:31
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jaxx281:
So how much did these guns / add ons cost? Bit poor that there has been no contact to the 3,000 posts like you say. What is this BFP4F? Some kind of free servers on the PC or something?

Battlefield Play for Free http://battlefield.play4free.com/en/ is a First Person Shooter Battlefield game.

Although it is free to play there is payable content throughout the game.

Battlefunds can be purchased (example £8.98 will buy you 1540 BF) the average cost of a permanent weapon is 1000 BF.

Some players have multiple soldiers with multiple guns so although the game is free to play, they could have invested hunderds of pounds in the game over the year it's been out of closed beta. The game is now kept perpetually in open beta but still charge money for stuff.

Tony
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Dec-11 11:35:24
Print Post

I still don't understand why people would play that over BF3. Perhaps it is a specs thing. But it looks dated and forces you to quit a server just to play a different class which is enough to drive me insane:/

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 22-Dec-11 11:54:45
Print Post

Interesting, although it seems extremely expensive, so a weapon costs approx £5.50 - £6? Why would anyone spend hundreds of pounds on a game like that when you could just buy BF3 for £25 - £40 and be done with it?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to