Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Jan-12 10:11:36
Print Post

Let's talk next generation.....

[link to this post]

..... because you PC boys are getting too much airplay at the minute. tongue

And because talking about BF3 over and over is getting boring!

Are the next gen. consoles (whether this year or next) going to be able to match or sneak ahead of the average good spec PC? If not, bearing in mind how quickly things change in PC terms, what would be the point? And I said average. Strapping multiple 5800's together doesn't count!

Will we really be looking toward gameplay visuals near the Unreal Samaritan demo?
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Jan-12 12:23:34
Print Post

Re: Let's talk next generation.....

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

With the state of the financial systems of the world and given the fact that they say they don't make money from making and selling consoles will they bother??

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 07-Jan-12 12:33:27
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Lt_Swan:
With the state of the financial systems of the world and given the fact that they say they don't make money from making and selling consoles will they bother??

They better had. If I had the choice between eating and a new console, you'd be looking at a thinner gamer! wink

More speculation here:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/next-xbox-and-ps4-set...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Jan-12 09:43:56
Print Post

Lets hope for the sake of console gamers that come Christmas 2012 we have something exciting to open instead of the usual socks , hankies and a ton of after shave.wink.

Nice find matey and i am sure we will be getting more of these news articles in the coming weeks and months.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 09-Jan-12 14:52:56
Print Post

Wii U will proably be out end of this year, proaby see xbox 4 in 2013 and the PS3 following after it.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Jan-12 15:36:31
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

WII U will be out in the summer and July is the release date not that it interests me based on the rubbish that has been released on the Nintendo wii the last few years Zelda Apart.

I dont think we will be waiting until 2013 for either a new Xbox of Sony console as that would be foolish to let Nintendo have all the glory with a new console.

Dont be surprised if both announce a new console at E3 to ship end of this year.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Jan-12 16:11:52
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

How hard can it be to make a new xbox or ps???
Why does it take them so long?

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Jan-12 16:41:01
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Its all about timing and greed to be honest Swanny,if they can still ship consoles that are 6 years old and nobody else releases new hardware then they will continue to do this.

Both Sony and Microsoft deny they are working on next generation consoles and we all know this is garbage and Sony are saying that there intention of there Playstation 3 was a 10 year like cycle.

Now after seeing how bad Battlefield 3 actually looked on consoles and the fact that Nintendo are bringing a new console to market this summer would you if you were Sony and Microsoft sit back and let another company take all the glory.

Both Sony and Microsoft know to well that the Nintendo Wii took some serious money with there motion controlled gaming [not that it interest me much] and are a serious threat once again with there gaming consoles.

Both would be foolish to ignore the fact that Nintendo have a console out this summer and if i was a guessing man i would think both would be frantically developing like mad and if neither mentions a console at E3 i would be gob smacked.

Every other generation of consoles has had a 5 year life cycle and both these are now 7 years old and it dont need me and you telling them that the time is right now .

The Nintendo wii sold in its millions and was the most sort after console in gaming history and sold out everywhere within hours and had limited stock for weeks after.

Personally im not sold on Motion gaming and im not actually sold on the new Nintendo U but knowing me and the fact i love my gaming and gadgets and i saw some interesting stuff on the Nintendo U then i might be tempted especially if both Sony and Microsoft had nothing planned until 2013.

That to me would be a marketing disaster and Sony should learn from there mistake with the Playstation 3 been nearly a year behind Microsoft and only the past 18 months are they starting to play catch up.

Microsoft though should be extra careful in what they do with there next device,because getting to market first is a great idea but the lawsuits regarding the dreaded RROD should never have happened and has cost them countless millions........What happened to the test department here ?
Standard User SamsonUK
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Jan-12 10:12:11
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Should find out in the next 3 days if you're getting anything for Christmas this year!

I kind of get the feeling you'll be waiting another year though but if nothing is announced at CES, you could be waiting until 2014...
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Jan-12 10:32:14
Print Post

[re: SamsonUK] [link to this post]

I have said that i will be very surprised if they let Nintendo have it all there own way,but the more i read about the pair of them the more i think you may well me right.

Nintendo have made some of the greatest games of all time but the wii for me became a family and kids entertainment system and far to much tripe was released in the later years.

If Nintendo seriously grow up then it may appeal but im not sold on there new console at the moment and im certainly not sold on the controller /tablet that looks like the size of a ipad.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to