Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Abe01
(member) Wed 18-Jan-12 19:34:19
Print Post

Alienware console style PC

[link to this post]

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/887701-alienware-r...

I'm a complete PC gaming noob, never been interested and always chose consoles but this did catch my eye.

Question to the PC gamers out there, what do you think and is it worth the dosh?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 18-Jan-12 22:01:28
Print Post

Re: Alienware console style PC

[re: Abe01] [link to this post]

I watched the demo from them yesterday and I'm not that impressed with the specifications to be honest with you,like most PC this will need upgrading within a few months [thats if its possible]because the thing is really tiny and don't look much bigger than a xbox 360.

But that could be me been biased towards the ease of use consoles give us.

I can not ever see me going back to a desktop gaming PC regardless of how drop dead gorgeous the graphics look as i prefer the laid back nature of console gaming.

Please any PC gamers don't tell me that i can hook a PC up to my television I'm not interested thanks.besides do i then sit on the floor with a track pad for my mouse and a keyboard on the carpet or is that suppose to be on my lap...........Suppose i could but a office desk in front of the television as that would really meet approval from her in doors.

So my point is reference PC gaming that most are tied to a small office or spare bedroom as PC gaming requires far more space than a console on a glass shelf under the TV.wink

Edited by time2die (Thu 19-Jan-12 03:03:14)

Standard User wanapoo
(member) Wed 18-Jan-12 22:43:55
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
So my point is reference PC gaming that most are tired to a small office or spare bedroom as PC gaming requires far more space than a console on a glass shelf under the TV.wink

old fashioned reference pc designs yes I can agree with that statement, but modern mini ITX systems no. you can build them smaller then that Alienware pc and opt to upgrade them with standard pc parts.

That Alienwares not worth it, you could build faster and smaller for less, and upgrade it in the future.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jan-12 00:41:00
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

You dont need to upgrade a PC every few months - get a decent graphics card to start with and you'll be happy for years, especially if you get plenty of RAM to start with too...

Slim-case machines are good for office work where the machine wont be opened (or taxed in any meaningful way) and some bored person will just be pressing the send/receive every few seconds...

I, personally wouldn't go back to console gaming - trying to use a joystick for a FPS is like trying to extract a tooth with a feather, with the duck still attached.

Plus there are other advantages - cheaper gaming for a start. The only real advantage a console has is that you can rent games.

Another disadvantage of the console (with the exception of the XBox range) is that you aren't legally allowed to program them...

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books

Edited by MrTAToad2 (Thu 19-Jan-12 00:42:13)

Print Thread

Jump to