Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Jan-12 01:05:34
Print Post

New Xbox in production?

[link to this post]

http://semiaccurate.com/2012/01/18/xbox-nextxbox-720...
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Jan-12 09:52:46
Print Post

Re: New Xbox in production?

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah read about it yesterday matey wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Jan-12 18:51:07
Print Post

Yeah, interesting read. As far as rumours go, it seems to have legs dunnit?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SamsonUK
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Jan-12 20:13:56
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Legs for xmas 2013 mebbe.

Maybe lucky for this year but I doubt it, sounds like early testing stage for devs, probably middle of next year at the earliest.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Jan-12 21:21:30
Print Post

[re: SamsonUK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by SamsonUK:
Legs for xmas 2013 mebbe.

Maybe lucky for this year but I doubt it, sounds like early testing stage for devs, probably middle of next year at the earliest.

That's would be the obvious conclusion. But if they really want to stay ahead of the competition, where's the surprise in that?
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Jan-12 21:25:44
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Yeah, interesting read. As far as rumours go, it seems to have legs dunnit?

I think they're a lot further on than the industry seems to believe and that's when brinksmanship comes into play.

I'm not sure about Sony, but I have a funny feeling Xbox fans may have a happy Xmas this year.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Jan-12 01:17:12
Print Post

Yeah that would be another major coop for Microsoft if they really announced this at E3 and said a Christmas 2012 release as Sony would be playing catch up again.

There portable gaming vito looks nice but i have to seriously not get tempted because i have bought all the previous hand held and they have quickly been cast aside for something with a bigger screen.

If i was to hazard a guess i would say both of them are well into development and if one moves so will the other.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Jan-12 17:37:49
Print Post

[re: SamsonUK] [link to this post]

Legs for walking rather than running but in either way, better than no legs at all.

I'm really hoping MS and Sony will get on and announce they at least intend to release something to update their aging consoles and not just from the selfish viewpoint that consoles are apparently stifling development of PC games.

Understandably, neither company wants to scuttle their current products by announcing an updated version but should they foretell backwards compatibility and announce an updated machine year/s ahead of a proper release date then there's as much benefit as harm in that as far as I can tell.

Either way, come on MS and Sony. Get on with it. Don't just wait for Apple to step in and then copy them. And don't copy Nintendo - there new system seems totally inadequate to me, at least in terms of satisfying high powered gaming requirements in graphics and physics. Nintendo are far too Japanocentric in their outlook - yes, in some ways it's really clever to provide innovative control methods for family/social based gaming but their approach seems like satisfying more of a cultural requirement that only seems faddish when exported to the West, hence why many have bought the Wii but largely for good intentions and novelty value: getting fit, dancing and having mates around maybe. Then in the cupboard it goes... They're totally out of synch and neither Sony nor MS have anything to fear from Nintendo as far as their respective gaming segments go I don't feel.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 21-Jan-12 21:23:56
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Nintendo are far too Japanocentric in their outlook

Genius! That deserves word of the week award!

I'm not gonna bother googling to see if it even exists (because it probably will) but you sir are proper rock an roll. Respect. cool
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Jan-12 01:49:07
Print Post

Wow man, thanks! It's not often my genius gets recognised. Usually it's the opposite!

When I was in the process of typing this word I thought there must be a proper way to describe it as I knew I was just being lazy but apparently, it's bona fide. Well, it's gotta be if it's on Wikipedia, innit? wink

Japanocentric

"Japanocentrism is the ethnocentric belief that Japan is, or should be, at the center of the world in one way or another"

To be fair, just like us Brits or the Yankistanis in the good ol' U S of A. At least the British know other countries exist and they're not all bad though.

Edited by SPOOKish (Sun 22-Jan-12 01:50:26)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to