Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User borguk1of9
(committed) Fri 20-Jan-12 22:11:53
Print Post

Planetside 2

[link to this post]

For all you FPS gamers keep an eye out for this, if its as good as the original it will be the best MMOFPS out there for some time to come.

http://www.planetside2.com/

Edited by borguk1of9 (Fri 20-Jan-12 22:12:22)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Jan-12 01:13:26
Print Post

Re: Planetside 2

[re: borguk1of9] [link to this post]

Just looking at the pictures it looks like that old game Tribes.

Not doing the signing up thing for the beta though got far to much time allocated to all my console games.
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Jan-12 02:01:53
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Plays completely differently. It's an MMO so think Dark Age of Camelot style, everyone waiting for the big battle to commence. People get dropped off at the beachhead, take control points using flying vehicles/transports and ground vehicles. Combat is all very grounded moving around bullets mostly.

I'm looking to move to this game since I'm a bit bored of Tribes Ascend already.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Decani
(newbie) Fri 10-Feb-12 14:31:32
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

The original Planetside was SUCH a great MMO, with huge battles, and then long stretches spent defending what you'd spent hours capturing.

There was a very simple RPG element with no fantasy spells or grinding quests, just a solid, believable (hah!) alien techno feel. Grabbing a Dropship to head into battle with a few mates was a real buzz, and the gameplay was perfectly balanced.

I made some good friends there, and it's such a pity that, while you can still Planetside now, it's practically dead (tho' for old time's sake I revisited a couple of days ago, and there were a coupla dozen people playing... but several years ago, you'd have battles with hundreds of players, brilliant!)

Let's hope No2 generates the same excitement!
  Print Thread

Jump to