Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Jan-12 10:37:00
Print Post

Your Game of the Year 2011..?

[link to this post]

Many disappointments and for a while i had to seriously think about it,last night after a couple of months break from nearly all games i loaded Gears Of war 3.

After getting involved with some other guys in a match of Horde mode and downloading some new stuff for it then for me on the Xbox 360 this is my game of the year.........Pure Class.

Not totally sure about the Playstation 3 at present but Uncharted 3 has to be up there even though i love MW3
it loses out for not taking the graphics up a notch and not doing much difference from the previous one 2 years before.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Jan-12 11:10:12
Print Post

Re: Your Game of the Year 2011..?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

For me it's Uncharted 3 without a doubt.

If it's not a fast and furious FPS game, then I need really immersive storytelling to stop the feeling that I'm simply looking down on the action. UC3 carries that off beautifully.

Dead Space is a different kettle of fish graphically and after a couple of hours play last night, it is already signposted story wise. That said I damn near shat my pants a couple of times around midnight. The sound in that game played via the surrond sound literally scared the wits out of me at times. It gets so intense, that even though you know mr mutant scissor your b****x has just popped out behind you, you still don't want to turn around! The graphics are not unpretty, but it's the sound that really makes this game shine. And I'm loving it.

Unless it does something silly later on, this is already my game of 2008. Better late than never. tongue
Standard User Abe01
(member) Sun 22-Jan-12 11:15:32
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
For me it's Uncharted 3 without a doubt.

If it's not a fast and furious FPS game, then I need really immersive storytelling to stop the feeling that I'm simply looking down on the action. UC3 carries that off beautifully.

Dead Space is a different kettle of fish graphically and after a couple of hours play last night, it is already signposted story wise. That said I damn near shat my pants a couple of times around midnight. The sound in that game played via the surrond sound literally scared the wits out of me at times. It gets so intense, that even though you know mr mutant scissor your b****x has just popped out behind you, you still don't want to turn around! The graphics are not unpretty, but it's the sound that really makes this game shine. And I'm loving it.

Unless it does something silly later on, this is already my game of 2008. Better late than never. tongue

Fantastic game dead space, turn it up loud, turn off all the lights and there's nothing quite like it

Shame the second one isn't as good.

For me:
360 - Foza 4
PS3 - Uncharted 3

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Jan-12 11:36:35
Print Post

My Game of the Year 2011

That's easy BF3 smile

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User nredwood
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Jan-12 14:47:59
Print Post

[re: Abe01] [link to this post]

I'm not easily scared / spooked with films or games, but Dead Space and Dead Space 2 have made me jump a few times

Be* Unlimited
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 22-Jan-12 21:09:08
Print Post

Skyrim of course! It must be good to make me forget all about BF3... laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 00:19:12
Print Post

[re: nredwood] [link to this post]

I thought Dead Space 2 was even better than the first and that takes some beating for sound and tension alone.

Sound tracks in games and even films can make the difference and like mrnelster says dead space has nailed the sound in this game.

And there i was mrnelster thinking you were a hardcore gamer and he picks up dead space 3 years later.....wink.........only playing matey.

And Swanny must have been knocked out as he is suffering from a little bit of concussion as he said Battlefield 3 is his game of the year,thats like me saying Duke Nukem Forever is my pick for 2011 tongue
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 08:45:01
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
And Swanny must have been knocked out as he is suffering from a little bit of concussion as he said Battlefield 3 is his game of the year,thats like me saying Duke Nukem Forever is my pick for 2011 tongue

107 hours of play so far. If not BF3 then it has to be BFBC2
My heart bleeds for you not being able to play frown

wink

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-12 09:53:43
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

I think I will have to go with BF3 as well. I have sunk a lot of hours into it and I am still not bored of it.

I am trying to think what else I have played this year. BC2 before BF3 but I won't be going back to that. Portal 2 was of course fricking awesome... just short. Orcs must die and Defense grid: the awakening were 2 small titles that were hugely enjoyable.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User jorkila
(member) Thu 26-Jan-12 10:38:05
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Yep Bf3 for me, i'll pick up Gears 3 and Skyrim sometime soon and maybe change my mind!!!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to