I enquired a few weeks ago to see what was needed to close my Blizzard online account. Unlike EA (who just accept an email), they require the following :
- Your Battle.net account name
- Full name registered on the account
- Your full address including postal or zip code
- Your Battle.net Secret Question and answer
- A legible scan or photo of a piece of government-issued photo identification, such as a passport or driving license matching the first and last name of the registered account owner
to be posted to France...
The last bit is annoying, but unfortunately seems to be required. I did suggest that they add this information to their manuals next time.