Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 00:26:30
Print Post

MW3 Download content ships tomorrow Tuesday but not on PSN

[link to this post]

Kind of glad i went for the xbox 360 Elite package but up until a few days ago i did not know that the playstation 3 players who went for the same have been shafted again.

Microsoft has the first content exclusive to the 360 and even though Playstation 3 owners like mrnelster have paid for the same elite package I'm afraid they have to wait a month .

I can understand Microsoft getting the usual map packs first if they pay the developers and publishers of but this time with this Elite subscription it should not have been allowed to happen and in my opinion is totally unfair to playstation elite subscribers.

Another reason why i keep hold of my 360 and don't stick to one console.winkbesides we have a few exclusives and gears 3 rocks even though there are more on the playstation 3.

Edited by time2die (Mon 23-Jan-12 00:27:21)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Jan-12 08:42:26
Print Post

Re: MW3 Download content ships tomorrow Tuesday but not on P

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Xbox 360'ers are beta testers wink

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Jan-12 19:32:24
Print Post

Activision are the epitome of greed. Hundreds of millions of dollars in just a few weeks are not enough, so they take extra to restrict content from one half of their client base.

Contemptible company.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jan-12 03:55:01
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

PC users didn't even get elite.

Probably why most are jumping ship to Battlefield. Battlelog isn't perfect but it's a damn sight better than the COD leaderboards.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
Speedtest Tracking
Standard User ccxo
(member) Tue 24-Jan-12 14:40:12
Print Post

Its more the case that activsion now charge for content that was always free before on most games.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 24-Jan-12 14:43:52
Print Post

24th January and I still haven't bought MW3 nor do I plan on buying it. BF3 fulfills all my FPS needs and games like Assassins Creed & Skyrim are filling the in depth gameplay requirements.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 24-Jan-12 18:40:21
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Each to there own mate and i could have said exactly the same regarding Battlefield 3,picked it up about 2 weeks ago played it for 20 minutes then traded it 1 hour later wink

Nowhere near as good as i expected and in some respects neither is MW3 but its way better than Battlefield in my opinion ? ..........Which counts for nothing.

We all like different stuff and get our kicks from different type games which is how it should be.

For what its worth i have played the new maps in survival mode to check them out and they are pretty decent,since you are in the hands of the rotation in the lobby not one time in a hour did these maps appear,so i dont know what they play like in a full on multiplayer game.
Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jan-12 18:42:03
Print Post

Not actually going to bother , as I don't have Elite and still have no idea why any right minded person would pay extra to have elite .

And no price has been given for those that are not part of the subscription service and let me tell you " I will just go and play BF3 rather than spending 1200MP on a couple of maps "
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jan-12 23:11:00
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Haven't even bothered downloading the maps that came free with the limited edition BF3. The release maps are too big for consoles, so I couldn't see the point of downloading more. Just too much running and not enough shooting.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Jan-12 09:23:39
Print Post

And that my friend sums up Battlefield in One.........wink To much running and not enough action ? with playstation 2 graphics with really slow movement ,or should i say three ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to