Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Feb-12 10:35:51
Print Post

PS Vita

[link to this post]

Made me mind up, gotta have one!

I've never bought a handheld before and always said that I would if someone came up with dual sticks, so I don't have an excuse anymore. Not going to pre order one though. Going to wait and see what bundles they come up with. Game wise I think it will have to be Uncharted though. Looks great and apparently the campaign is slightly longer than UC3.

Happy days when the whiff is watching Eastenders from now on. grin
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Feb-12 11:21:21
Print Post

Re: PS Vita

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Let us know how you get on with it
If it's really good I'll get one

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Feb-12 11:29:30
Print Post

Best deals are on Shopto mate.wink

I have to admit it looks a awesome bit of kit but every portable console i have owned in the past has been basically wasted on me.

From the original Gameboy and the addictive tetris at the time then the sega gamegear and all the versions of the playstation portable and all the new Nintendo hand held have all been a waste of my time money and effort.

Sadly i think for me its a age thing with the need to wear glasses at certain times makes the portable gaming more of a chore than a pleasure.

I bought the new Nintendo 3ds and within weeks with its 3d gimmick feature and timy screen i had traded it.

I like playing the occasional game on my Ipad and i know the new vita has a decent size screen but im just not convinced this is for me anymore,20 years ago without a doubt i would have been queuing at the shop front on release day.

Im having to really see amazing games and believable hype from people like yourself for me to buy into this product having said i would never buy a handheld again.

Games like Uncharted have little to no appeal on such a small gaming device but really decent puzzles it what i adore on these machines and its what i generally buy them for in the first place.

I have seen all the videos and have been watching a lot of technical stuff concerning the Vita and it does look like a very powerful thing of beauty but i really have to justify the massive price for a portable that the Vita is and the fact its actually more than both a fully loaded Xbox and Playstation 3.

Then we can take into consideration that companies like Nintendo ,Apple, and Sony will release the next generation within 6 months and add a additional feature than should have been on it in the first place.

Technology is a thing i live extremely and I'm a gadget freak but sadly its virtually impossible to keep up,even when myself and my girlfriend by the latest super duper Televisions only months later they are last generation.

Its like the latest television technology and the way they are trying to promote the 3D effects,not until they release 3D televisions without the need for 3D glasses at a decent price will i have the slightest interest.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Feb-12 11:30:18
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

There is no Battlefield 3 on it swanny so don't bother. wink
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Feb-12 12:32:05
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
There is no Battlefield 3 on it swanny so don't bother. wink

That's why I want one, good excuse to play something different while away from the battlefield

Wonder if it will get Skyrim??
You really could take an arrow to the knee then laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Edited by Lt_Swan (Sun 05-Feb-12 13:54:35)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Feb-12 14:35:09
Print Post

Will do
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 05-Feb-12 14:47:04
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I saw UC on it and that's probably what sold me. I will probably use it for remote play of upcoming games more than buying specific Vita games.

But I think third person games will be great on that OLED screen.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 05-Feb-12 15:45:54
Print Post

Looks great here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrTyHx0w-6s

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-Feb-12 14:14:24
Print Post

Re: PS Vita for Swanny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1H28Cwb82Y&feature=y...
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-Feb-12 23:30:45
Print Post

Re: PS Vita for Swanny!

Oh No wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to