Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Feb-12 09:23:28
Print Post

Boy am i looking forward to this Game...Far Cry 3

[link to this post]

A new trailer for the game hit the internet in the past 24 hours and it looks pretty special when it releases in september.

Granted its in game cut scenes but it sets the tone for what looks like it could be a really decent game.

WARNING !!!!!!!!

When i watched the trailer yesterday it had plenty of bad language in it so its not for minors.

FAR CRY 3

Edited by time2die (Thu 16-Feb-12 09:27:00)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Feb-12 11:25:35
Print Post

Re: Boy am i looking forward to this Game...Far Cry 3

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Does look good - hopefully the PC version will be even better...

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 16-Feb-12 14:02:25
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Looks good, Farcry 2 was pretty poor though! I had Farcry 1 on PC, thought it was brilliant, I remember being amazed by how good the water looked. Farcry 2 should have just been called Virtual Orienteering as that's what you seemed to spend most your time doing lol wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Feb-12 14:34:42
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I was impressed with the way the 360 version looked and yes Far cry 2 was basically spent travelling around with very limited action and hopefully the developers would have realised this and put things right for Far Cry 3.

On that note and if you want to wait about 4 hours for it to download Far Cry 2 is available to playstation plus subscribers for free as of yesterday.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Feb-12 19:40:01
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Hey, I learned some new words there. Should come in handy if I ever meet Ronaldo.

FC2 was ruined by the stupid checkpoints - you had to spend half an hour dealing with the extremely hostile armed guards you just couldn't outrun. Then do it all again when it was time to return back the way you came, even if it was only 5 minutes ago you killed them. Beautiful looking game for its time utterly spolied by stupid gameplay decisions like insane AI and malaria.

The trailer for FC3 was really impressive. Makes the mouth water. I bet it doesn't play anything like as good as the cutscenes look though - from what I've seen of the gameplay videos, I'd bet it'll be just as boring and soulless unless they've changed their ideas about what makes a game exciting.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Fri 17-Feb-12 09:14:29
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yup I agree with you SPOOK, gonna take a lot to convince me to get it! I bet it will look awesome on the PC, but the 360 is becoming a bit dated now graphics wise and it's really starting to show. Just look at Alan Wake that was launched on the PC yesterday, the difference between the 2 platforms is crazy.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Feb-12 17:19:39
Print Post

FC2 was ruined by the stupid checkpoints

Tell me about it! It was an okay game apart from that.

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-12 02:05:16
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Wow, I didn't know Alan Wake had come to the PC. I will have to look it up. Damn. No money though. I hope they don't want to charge an arm and a leg for it.

I hope FC3 hits the spot, gaming wise but I'm definitely not going to do a T2D and rush to buy it before all the reviews are in. Gonna wait for him to see what it's like and if he's still playing a week later then it might just be worthwhile.

No more checkpoints! tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-12 17:43:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Wow, I didn't know Alan Wake had come to the PC. I will have to look it up. Damn. No money though. I hope they don't want to charge an arm and a leg for it.

I hope FC3 hits the spot, gaming wise but I'm definitely not going to do a T2D and rush to buy it before all the reviews are in. Gonna wait for him to see what it's like and if he's still playing a week later then it might just be worthwhile.

No more checkpoints! tongue

Or malaria! confused
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-12 20:11:32
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah, imagine. A game without malaria! Makes you wonder why the hell they thought it was such a good idea to strike your gaming character down with such a debilitating condition in the first instance. Aren't games meant to be fun or something?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to