Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Feb-12 09:23:28
Print Post

Boy am i looking forward to this Game...Far Cry 3

[link to this post]

A new trailer for the game hit the internet in the past 24 hours and it looks pretty special when it releases in september.

Granted its in game cut scenes but it sets the tone for what looks like it could be a really decent game.

WARNING !!!!!!!!

When i watched the trailer yesterday it had plenty of bad language in it so its not for minors.

FAR CRY 3

Edited by time2die (Thu 16-Feb-12 09:27:00)

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 16-Feb-12 11:25:35
Print Post

Re: Boy am i looking forward to this Game...Far Cry 3

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Does look good - hopefully the PC version will be even better...

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Thu 16-Feb-12 14:02:25
Print Post

Looks good, Farcry 2 was pretty poor though! I had Farcry 1 on PC, thought it was brilliant, I remember being amazed by how good the water looked. Farcry 2 should have just been called Virtual Orienteering as that's what you seemed to spend most your time doing lol wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 16-Feb-12 14:34:42
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

I was impressed with the way the 360 version looked and yes Far cry 2 was basically spent travelling around with very limited action and hopefully the developers would have realised this and put things right for Far Cry 3.

On that note and if you want to wait about 4 hours for it to download Far Cry 2 is available to playstation plus subscribers for free as of yesterday.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Feb-12 19:40:01
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Hey, I learned some new words there. Should come in handy if I ever meet Ronaldo.

FC2 was ruined by the stupid checkpoints - you had to spend half an hour dealing with the extremely hostile armed guards you just couldn't outrun. Then do it all again when it was time to return back the way you came, even if it was only 5 minutes ago you killed them. Beautiful looking game for its time utterly spolied by stupid gameplay decisions like insane AI and malaria.

The trailer for FC3 was really impressive. Makes the mouth water. I bet it doesn't play anything like as good as the cutscenes look though - from what I've seen of the gameplay videos, I'd bet it'll be just as boring and soulless unless they've changed their ideas about what makes a game exciting.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Fri 17-Feb-12 09:14:29
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Yup I agree with you SPOOK, gonna take a lot to convince me to get it! I bet it will look awesome on the PC, but the 360 is becoming a bit dated now graphics wise and it's really starting to show. Just look at Alan Wake that was launched on the PC yesterday, the difference between the 2 platforms is crazy.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 17-Feb-12 17:19:39
Print Post

FC2 was ruined by the stupid checkpoints

Tell me about it! It was an okay game apart from that.

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-12 02:05:16
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Wow, I didn't know Alan Wake had come to the PC. I will have to look it up. Damn. No money though. I hope they don't want to charge an arm and a leg for it.

I hope FC3 hits the spot, gaming wise but I'm definitely not going to do a T2D and rush to buy it before all the reviews are in. Gonna wait for him to see what it's like and if he's still playing a week later then it might just be worthwhile.

No more checkpoints! tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-12 17:43:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Wow, I didn't know Alan Wake had come to the PC. I will have to look it up. Damn. No money though. I hope they don't want to charge an arm and a leg for it.

I hope FC3 hits the spot, gaming wise but I'm definitely not going to do a T2D and rush to buy it before all the reviews are in. Gonna wait for him to see what it's like and if he's still playing a week later then it might just be worthwhile.

No more checkpoints! tongue

Or malaria! confused
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 18-Feb-12 20:11:32
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah, imagine. A game without malaria! Makes you wonder why the hell they thought it was such a good idea to strike your gaming character down with such a debilitating condition in the first instance. Aren't games meant to be fun or something?
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 01:38:33
Print Post

I guess they could argue that virtual Malaria was more fun than actual Malaria, but it would be grasping at straws.

Perhaps in Uncharted 4 we could have a chapter dedicated to surviving Typhoid. When Nate wakes up on a concrete slab in a Thai hospital, Larry Hagman's face could peer down at you and proclaim it all to have been a dream.

This stuff virtually writes itself! tongue
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 03:26:26
Print Post

Hehe. I like the sound of the that. You have a talent for writing, sir. It could be called Unchartered 4: Mary's Revenge or something like that.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 09:29:16
Print Post

Lol! that would be the slowest action adventure ever. Beat them with a wooden spoon then wait for them to die of Typhoid fever.

I think survival horror is the way forward. Lets call it Resident(ial home) Evil: Mary's Denial. grin
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 11:10:54
Print Post

gameplay footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2NptKVlMrk

(think 360 footage)

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.

Edited by ilh (Sun 19-Feb-12 11:11:38)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Feb-12 11:46:01
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Thanks that looks great smile
I loved the first one but never bothered with the second after reading so many bad reviews
I reckon I'll have this one

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 12:09:56
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Looks great and I like the apparent action adventure type approach to it. But I need to read something from the developer telling us the world is a lot smaller, seeing as that jeep still needs driving! I got fed up with FC2 after just a couple of hours.

And I'm a bit worried about the mad quack with the pills. It had better not be his cure for jungle flu again!
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 16:16:01
Print Post

With all those magic mushrooms, maybe they should rename the game? Far Out 3 or something?

Everything looks fairly linear to me. At least from what we can see there. I personally like big open worlds but not tedious AI that chases after you like a rabid dog on steroids every time they catch the faintest whiff of you. That was the main problem of FC2 in my opinion, rather than the world itself. A lot of it was fairly irrelevant though and there was certainly too much driving but that was more to do with mission design in my view.

It's always puzzled me somewhat just how economics works in game land actually. Just look at all those enemy combatants (for want of a better word). Where on earth do they all come from? With a body count like that, whichever secret agency they work for, there must surely be a heck of a bill to pay?

Guess I shouldn't really be thinking of logistical issues like how you feed and equip your own private army but I just can't help myself. There must be a lot of accountants working there too, all busy working out the payroll and making adjustments for all the dead. Wonder if their families get paid instead?

Those damn dinghies are back from FC1 too. They were a bit of a pita in the original but judging by the number of bullets our playable character can take, I suppose they won't be too much of a problem.

Pack your shades, sunscreen and some fishing tackle. FC3 is looking good! cool
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 19-Feb-12 20:01:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by SPOOKish:
Pack your shades, sunscreen and some fishing tackle. FC3 is looking good!

I hope so.

I'm not really the right person to judge though as I never played Far Cry and I gave up on FC2 after a few hours of driving around. It does look like fun in this clip though.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Feb-12 00:56:42
Print Post

Hopefully we wont have all the tedious boring bits from the first that completely ruined the experience of what should have been a great game.

Sadly like you i gave up and traded it after only a few hours,the way my patience is these days it has to impress and immerse me within minutes and not many games are doing that for me last year or so.

Even MW3 i have not touched for 4 weeks or more and prefer Gears any day ,saying that my friend who is a total MW addict told me to check out a mode called Infected as its a right laugh and good fun.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to