Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 12:18:02
Print Post

My Playstation Vita is arriving today between 2pm and 3pm

[link to this post]

I dont like giving out praise very often but i think the online Game retailer Shopto.net is a breath of fresh air in todays market.

Not only have they never ever failed to deliver on time but most stuff turns up a day earlier than the release date, then in the last 6 months started sending you emails of your actual item packed ,labelled,and ready to despatch.

Not only that they have sent me a email this morning telling me that today between 14.12 hours and 15.12 hours DPD and the lady driver Lisa will be delivering the Vita.

Can someone be at the address to sign for the delivery,if this is inconvenient can you click this link and arrange alternative time and date.

Now thats what i call service and communication is the key when ordering online and Shopto customer service is exceptional .

Can not recommend this online retailer enough and i would not touch Game,Gamestation,HMV.Play.com,Amazon or anyone else for that matter.

Been using them for 3 years now and personally prefer direct purchasing from shops because on many occasions when using Game for years i was let down with late deliveries and the fact 50% of my games arrived after release day...........Never ever has this happened with Shopto and if it does they credit your account with £3.

So all those on the fence and like ordering online games then look no further,there are a few guys on here that have used Shopto after my thoughts and opinions regarding them and i know they think the same and will validate what i say about them.

Oh and by the way i am not a director of Shopto or have anything to do with them its just nice to come on here and say positive things about online suppliers that certainly have a high standard when it comes to delivery of Game related merchandise on time.smile

OBVIOUSLY NOT .................

After reading Griffs experience in the Thread.................Oh well seems not even Shopto are as perfect as i thought ?

Edited by time2die (Tue 21-Feb-12 13:27:49)

Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Feb-12 12:22:22
Print Post

Re: My Playstation Vita is arriving today between 2pm and 3p

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I've always been impressed with DPD so they are a good choice for shopto to use smile

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User griff_90
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Feb-12 12:29:14
Print Post

I've no time at all for Shopto.net and their dodgy approach to the law.

Last year I cancelled a pre-order. They'd already taken the money so I requested a full refund as I'm legally entitled to under the DSR. They refused and offered me a credit not. I checked with consumer direct and they confirmed what I already knew - I was entitled to a cash refund. Again they refused.

It was only when I posted about this on their very own forum that they gave in and refunded me. They then banned me from their forum and emailed me to say my custom was no longer welcome.

IDNET Home Fibre Plus BT Infinity

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 12:45:22
Print Post

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

Thats interesting mate and i am sorry that you have had these problems,i can only speak for myself and they have given me exceptional service.

Obviously i have a account with them which is quick and simple and on many occasions because they have my credit card details stored have i cancelled pre/orders with no problems what so ever.

So its sad to hear that you have had a bad experience and if this happened to me then i would more than likely feel the same way.

I have to say [not that i have looked ] that this is the first real negative comment i have read about them,but i believe that what you say is your bad experience and i do hope that if i encounter this issue in the future then i wont be singing there praises.

Reading your last paragraph about banning you from there forum and saying they no longer wont your custom is shocking and i to would be having a raging fit if they treated me this way.shocked

Anyway mate sorry for your bad experience but im only expressing how well they have treated me over the past 3 years and apart from the few guys on here besides me that think they are good i don't have much to go on.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 12:51:02
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Personally i don't care if they use Pony Express as long as it gets here today.wink

Just popped into Blockbusters and added a few more Vita Games for my collection that was not included in my 3 game bundle.

Little deviants looks a little bit sexy and so does super stardust even though i have it on the PSN network,not sure regarding Escape Plan ,looks sweet but could be just a glorified demo to test out the Vitas Capabilities.

Got a few good reviews and got a few average reviews based on what i just said.

Anyway 5 games should be more than enough to keep me happy until Little Big planet gets released.
Standard User griff_90
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Feb-12 12:51:09
Print Post

Thanks for the reply mate.

I was naturally somewhat shocked when a company sends an informal email telling you that you're no longer welcome as a customer simply because you asked for what is rightfully yours.

Up until that point my experience was similar to yours so it's a shame they let themselves down so badly on that occasion.

I must admit the more information you receive from a company, i.e despatch emails, estimated delivery times and so on, the better your perception of them becomes.

IDNET Home Fibre Plus BT Infinity
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 13:02:17
Print Post

[re: griff_90] [link to this post]

To be honest mate for years i used Game as my online choice and for the first year or so they were a great online retailer,then a few years later they became sloppy,games turned up after release dates,not a day late sometimes up to a week.

How you have been treated by Shopto is quite frankly disgusting and i hope that you have let your feelings be known to them.

Personally if i get similar treatment then i would find out who actually owns Shopto and they would get a email like no other.

Based on your experience i wont be singing there praises for a while after reading how they treated yourself.

Once again mate apologies because nobody ever should be treated in this disgraceful way and Shopto obviously in your case do not represent what i have been saying about them in a positive way.

Glad you made your comments mate and i will keep this in mind the day i get the slightest indication that Shopto standards regarding my orders have somewhat slipped.

There are a few guys on here that have used them based on my recommendations and they all think that they are a great online retailer.

Should not matter how much you spend but lets put it this way i am Gold Customer and spend Hundreds of pounds each year on games and accessories .

They must have more money than sense to treat any customer in the despicable way they treated you,after this i shall monitor them carefully.
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 21-Feb-12 13:04:05
Print Post

Well the email you got about delivery times etc is a DPD thing not a shopto thing. As much as they might forward the details and make them look pretty in an email the hour long delivery window and ability to change the delivery date (through a text message if you wish) is a DPD service.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 13:11:15
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Ok matey Gotcha ?

Still its a good service and good customer communication,i was only having a laugh when i said i did not care if they used Pony Express wink

Actually the email is from Shopto.net reference what DPD are doing,DPD dont have my email address and its unlikely that Shopto would pass on this information.........Mind you after reading the displeasure the other person got from Shopto then i would not be surprised.

Yeah i understand that changing the delivery time is a DPD thing but its all interlinked with Shopto and thats were this email came from .

Obviously if i changed the delivery time in the email it would be forwarded to shopto and there system in place would then forward it to DPD

Edited by time2die (Tue 21-Feb-12 13:13:36)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 15:36:55
Print Post

i must learn to upload videos for you guys having spent the last 3 minutes making one then in iphoto only to find out Youtube wants me to convert it.

There is a step by step guide in how to do this but god its not how it should be,apparently i have hit the Share button in iphoto and export using Apple Quicktime only all these options are greyed out.

Anyway Vita is here in all its glory and if i figure out how to do Vids i will post a link on the forum,bit disappointed as i thought for a first time video which was easily achieved it was quite funny with me mentioning the likes of Spook,Gzero,Mrnelster ,Swanny and all.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to