Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 21-Feb-12 13:35:04
Print Post

Binary Domain.......Anyone download the demo last Week.

[link to this post]

I actually pre/ordered it but after playing the demo I'm not exactly blown away to be quite frank.

Its not that graphically good and looks like a game that would have been out on a Playstation 2,time to check out the reviews scores me thinks regarding this game and I'm not going to be Fleeced yet once again.

Thankfully not use my online retailer and used local Blockbusters so game can be easily cancelled.

Thats the basic problem with pre/orders online,a lot of these publishers do not like review scores hitting the net before release day and on a few occasions that has been my downfall.

Sick to the teeth with online gaming sites singing the praises in previews of games only to throw them to the dogs once that game is properly reviewed where the game gets abysmal marks and is nowhere near the product they tell us was looking so cool in there previews of the game a few months earlier.

You can check it out HERE

Edited by time2die (Tue 21-Feb-12 13:41:01)

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 24-Feb-12 18:51:17
Print Post

Re: Binary Domain.......Anyone download the demo last Week.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Games not for me so i decided to pick up Syndicate instead after watching some nice looking videos of the single player game.

Funny i never thought much of the demo even though it was the multiplayer and i had not got a clue what the hell i was suppose to do.

I wish developers and publishers when they decide to release demos of there games sort of think about a training session rather than throwing you in at the deep end with no idea what the buttons are or do or what your basic objective is.

Annoying and i hate it when they do this in Multiplayer demos.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-Feb-12 20:41:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Fleeced yet once again.

Baaaa!

tongue

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 01:53:28
Print Post

Syndicate.............Surprised Me /

Played the multiplayer demo and within a matter of minutes thought this game is not for me,not only do i hate going into Multiplayer demo with not a clue as to what buttons do what and what objective we are suppose to be doing.

But i took a chance and picked up the game and what a cracking game its turning out to be,not talking Multiplayer but single,but at least i will know the button configuration and what does what if i decide to venture into Multiplayer.

Fps and Multiplayer is a very crowded market and to be honest i can not see me playing this over MW3 and Gears 3 and more than likely Mass Effect 3 in a few weeks time.

But Syndicate has popped up out of nowhere very little hype or promotion and its far exceeded my expectations and i really enjoyed the 3 hour play time this evening.
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 02:10:29
Print Post

Re: Syndicate.............Surprised Me /

They went through all the trouble of getting poppy dubstep trailers with known artists, how did you not hear about it? laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 25-Feb-12 09:14:52
Print Post

Re: Syndicate.............Surprised Me /

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

I always new it was on the horizon but there is been little in the way of much interest for the game,can not say i have heard of anyone on here talking about it.

http://www.sidequesting.com/2012/02/my-ordeal-with-s...

Edited by time2die (Sat 25-Feb-12 09:19:45)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 26-Feb-12 10:48:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
I actually pre/ordered it but after playing the demo I'm not exactly blown away to be quite frank.

After watching this I'm gonna call you on that. I really do like the look of smashing up robots. And it has a survival mode?

As far as the campaign goes, don't expect any teamwork. I'm in it for the carnage! tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 26-Feb-12 19:03:37
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Mate if you want a decent fps way better than Binary Domain then pick up Syndicate as its way superior .

The games utter pants i have had it played it and traded it on the same day and the guy in the shop did me a straight swap for Syndicate.

On loading Syndicate on the evening it was a way classier product and much more enjoyable.wink

Dont get duped by the videos matey wink like i have on many occasions.

Edited by time2die (Sun 26-Feb-12 19:07:10)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 26-Feb-12 22:36:12
Print Post

Tried the demo first and you are right, awful!

Far too busy visually for a quality shooter for a start, with targeting reticules like beach balls. You can tell it's SEGA. Really arcadie. Not the most detailed graphically but not terrible. The A1 however is rubbish and don't even get me started on the voice acting!

Shame really because smashing up cyborgs had a ton of potential.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 27-Feb-12 00:06:35
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

I also played the demo and thought the same but this sucker still wanted a gaming fix and went out and bought it,thank god for trade in and the fact i get on with the local lad who works at blockbusters and done me a straight swap and no extra charge.

When i get a game and i hate it i can not stand it in my game collection and on several occasions i have returned a game only hours later.............Duke Puke Em Forever been the last and shortest amount of time i have ever had a game and traded it.

I think i managed about 15 minutes of Duke and i was totally gobsmacked at what i was seeing,a game 10 years in the making and i thought that i had the wrong disk and they had actually printed the PC game from like 10 years ago onto my disk tongue

Sometimes its hard to get a true indication of a good game from a demo,In Binary Domain again i knew this would be rubbish yet still bought the tripe,played the syndicate demo and did not think much of that because it was straight into a multiplayer part of the game.

Yet Syndicate is a great game so go download the demo if there is a single player demo around.

Still not convinced about Mass Effect 3 but i know it will at least have a high production standard and be way better than Binary.

Loving the Vita by the way and Stardust Hd and Lumines i have played for hours and hours,Lumines puts you in a state of trance and its one of those games that you play for hours and hours none stop.

Sega dont generally publish bad games but this is some Japanese type game that got lost in translation and just did not hit the mark.

If you want a really great Japanese type game which is really impressive and far better than Binary then Check out VANQUISH

Games about 18 months old or there abouts and you should pick this up for about £7

Edited by time2die (Mon 27-Feb-12 00:11:54)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to