Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 02-Mar-12 12:14:57
Print Post

A world PvP vid swtor - for those who don't play or ..

[link to this post]

Those who do not have a guild that can actually compete on Ilum.

http://youtu.be/-6wQuwY1J-k

This is our YouTube channel with loads more vids there.

Any comments appreciated smile

| It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. .|

|noneLLU|nonenone |
Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Mar-12 13:59:09
Print Post

Re: A world PvP vid swtor - for those who don't play or ..

[re: Wab] [link to this post]

not even one comment frown

| It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over. .|

|noneLLU|nonenone |
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 04-Mar-12 23:31:40
Print Post

Thats not unusual on here mate,in fact you can go days on here and wont see one new post,i would comment myself but i don't know nothing of the game.

Its the same few posters over and over and when they are not posting these forums are very dead.wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 05-Mar-12 09:30:13
Print Post

I am afraid I know very little of the game as well. I am scared of playing MMORPGs in case I get sucked into them too much an lose my life smile It is much safer to stay playing games that can only do it for a week or 2 max tongue

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User ccxo
(member) Mon 05-Mar-12 16:08:22
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

The only way people get 'sucked' into a MMO is if they let themselves, like all games their ment to be addictive to keep you coming back.

As for SWTOR, ive not played it, as with every recent mmo they have all fallen flat on their faces SWTOR is no different, pvp is broken etc. They may fix the game in time but ive got no interest in it at current.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Mar-12 01:29:35
Print Post

Have been curious about this kind of game but from the looks of it I'd be very upset if I ever bought anything like this. If it's not easy to understand, run and gun type fare, then I'm afraid, I'm out.

I'd need a lot of babysitting and hand holding to make it all worth while.

Sorry. frown
Standard User Wab
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Mar-12 11:04:13
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ccxo:
The only way people get 'sucked' into a MMO is if they let themselves, like all games their ment to be addictive to keep you coming back.

As for SWTOR, ive not played it, as with every recent mmo they have all fallen flat on their faces SWTOR is no different, pvp is broken etc. They may fix the game in time but ive got no interest in it at current.

You not played it but know PvP is broken?, erm yeah right, while this game has many issue, its not fallen flat on it face it still doing very well.
Main issue this game has it way way to many servers it has a 100 EU servers, they need to dump at lest half I think.

But all that been said its still a great game to play if even just to level a few toons for the different story lines, and as you can see from the vid, world PvP works fine, out numbered out gunned we still gave them a hiding smile

|noneLLU|nonenone |

Edited by Wab (Tue 06-Mar-12 11:04:43)

Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 06-Mar-12 12:12:26
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Bit of a pointless post there ccxo. If you haven't played it then how do you know the PVP is terrible? From what I have heard and seen SWTOR is a really good MMO. The market for MMO's is extremely saturated with poor Chinese / Korean rip offs of WOW but from the reviews and from what I have heard many people saying online this one really shines and the story / PVP is meant to be great.

Edited by Jaxx281 (Tue 06-Mar-12 12:13:16)

Standard User ccxo
(member) Tue 06-Mar-12 15:41:15
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Ive kept any eye on the game since its realse and have had many friends play the game, quite a few who i reguarly play different mmo's with.

The game could have done with another year or so in production to iron out the bugs and get the class balances right but it has not. Any mmo that comes out now ideally needs to be be 100% polished but hardly any games are.
Most MMO's will do well on their inital release, but a great mmo is how well it does 2/3 years down the line, the one big pull for TOR is its star wars, this will keep money coming in.

With Mythic and Bioware oddly they did the two parts of the game that each one is better at, Mythic did the pve when there better at multiplayer, while bioware is great for pve.
The level 50 cap is a restiction on the top level players, some chars need balancing, pve split between republic and empire certain storylines are stronger etc.

Overall the game will proably do well, as its firstly sold alot and has alot of money backing its future progress.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User SamsonUK
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Mar-12 19:12:49
Print Post

Nice vids.

What server are you on?

May have to make another toon as the guys I play with are mostly yanks and I'm always on at the wrong time.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to