Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Mar-12 22:59:38
Print Post

MASS EFFECT 3........CLASS ACT

[link to this post]

Been playing the game this evening and its excellent and a real class product with a great music score,great cut scenes and plenty of action [oh and talking]

Epic scale and I'm really enjoying it at present but only about 90 minutes in with much to do and achieve .

Its nice when a game arrives that more than matches the great reviews it has received,to many games get released that fail to make the grade but Mass Effect games always deliver in quality .
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Thu 08-Mar-12 23:28:52
Print Post

Re: MASS EFFECT 3........CLASS ACT

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

What edition did you get? Are you getting the DLC Ashes?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Mar-12 00:42:36
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

I just got the basic 360 one mate and no i have not downloaded any extra content as it would be a miracle if i actually finish the game wink

Had to muck about with the typical EA online pass rubbish and put the long code in before i could play the multiplayer,not that im bothered as to me Mass Effect is always a deep driven story and a solid single player experience.

I hear that they have added some type of Horde mode nicked from Gears but in all honesty nothing is going to beat that game.

Its causing a bit of a stink this download content ashes as soon as the game is released,seems developers or publishers or both are getting well and truly greedy and not content with people paying £40 for a game they then want to fleece you for another £10 which by all accounts is a joke especially when the game is some 20/30 hours long in the first place.

What is this Ashes Content Gzero anyway..........Is it more single player missions or What ?

Edited by time2die (Fri 09-Mar-12 00:45:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 01:35:06
Print Post

“From Ashes” includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

Could've been worse, you could've paid £40 for a game that had 5 hours of really terrible gameplay, abysmal graphics and sound, was purile in the extreme and had been in development for 12 years. Ring any bells? grin

At least the ME3 DLC is cosmetic and not exactly critical to the enjoyment of the main game, I guess. A bit greedy but hey, it's EA.

Reports of dodginess for the PS3 version though. frown
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Mar-12 07:58:51
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Are we Talking DUKE PUKE EM FOREVER or what ?

Regarding which version i bought the obvious one 360 like i always do with multi platform games,seems like you said the playstation version is suffering yet again even though in theory its the more powerful console of the two.

Its not the first time Spook and i don't this generation it will be the last,lets hope game developers and Sony themselves take stock and think about producing a far easier system next generation that developers dont struggle with.

Its obviously got potential that needs skill unlocking as you only have to look at games like uncharted to see that,seems only a handful of developers know how top get the best out of it though.
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 09-Mar-12 11:37:55
Print Post

I have been hearing good things about the story in ME3. There are plenty of people think it has been consolified in terms character customisations etc but then that started in ME2. Still, I am about half way through ME so give it another month and I might be ready for ME3 smile

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Mar-12 12:21:14
Print Post

Just so you know, Ashes Prothean grumble grumble.

Some folk say that it is better just to watch it on youtube rather than actually buy those side missions.
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Fri 09-Mar-12 12:22:28
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

No holster key. That is all.
  Print Thread

Jump to