Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Mar-12 09:52:44
Print Post

Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

[link to this post]

Not sure I like the look of this.
Looks to me like they are trying to change BF3 into COD :/

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/close-quarters-...

With Close Quarters, we really wanted to take Battlefield 3 in a new direction, to offer players another style of gameplay while still retaining what is uniquely Battlefield. What journalists on site could play was a relentless infantry combat map called “Ziba Tower” (internally known simply as “Skybar”).

The clue for the theme in Close Quarters is in the title: The battlefield moves indoors, and we’re bringing HD Destruction! While the squad functionality and gunplay will feel instantly recognizable for any Battlefield player, moving the battle to tight maps means it’s instant action and even more frantic than normal.

I reckon even TD2 will like this

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Mar-12 10:27:53
Print Post

Re: Battlefield 3: Close Quarters

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

On the initial splash page I saw it said 2-16 player which is not my idea of bf (it is about 48-62 players short!).

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Mar-12 11:30:27
Print Post

I see no video in the link even though i added my date of birth ect ,just a load of pictures and blogs.tongue

Dont know what you expected us to see from your link Swanny but i presume something like THIS

Edited by time2die (Thu 15-Mar-12 11:33:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Mar-12 15:27:26
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

The link works ok for me.
That is the vid sort of.
Looks rubbish to me. No skill just spawn die spawn die spawn die spawn die spawn die repeat for eternity

I'm not happy about them making BF into a cod style. IMO it will attract the wrong type. ie 13 year old idiots

Battlefield is meant to be exactly that, a battle in a field not inside buildings
Grr!!!!

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Edited by Lt_Swan (Thu 15-Mar-12 15:36:55)

Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 15-Mar-12 15:38:11
Print Post

Its something to appease the console players and make more money out of them, i more interested in the next 2 expansion packs and the patch.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Mar-12 15:38:17
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

Exactly

What this CQC DLC is a about is money

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk9INOq4Wyc

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Mar-12 16:01:29
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

Yea the patch would be good. What are the next two expansion packs??

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 15-Mar-12 16:43:59
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Nice video link, that made much more sense of the trailer anyway.

My own feelings are this new mode could work out okay in some scenarios. I'd like to see more configuration in game modes, so say, you could have the two teams in a team death match type game where you only have one life per player say. Or an objective of sorts.

I think there is potential but it would be nice to have some outdoor sections as well. Some of the most enjoyable maps for me on BF2 were Sharqi Peninsula and Mashtuur City: these were open urban maps with a heavy infantry focus and were often run in infantry only mode by some clans.

You have to be careful with infantry only; it can work great in some regards but can also be pretty boring and yes, it does take away from the overall flavour of the Battlefield experience as you say, Swanny. Battlefield is meant to be so much more than just fighting in a box but provided this isn't all DICE have got up their developmental sleeves then perhaps this mode can be seen as just one of (hopefully) many deviations in gameplay.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 15-Mar-12 16:55:27
Print Post

There are a few 50 plus idiots that also like Cod Games Swanny wink Me Included even though i have not touched the game for the last 6 weeks.

Kind of bored if i am honest with most to do with gaming,old age creeping in ,lack of anything decent take your pick as the reasons why...........Spook will say old age Guaranteed tongue

Think at certain times of the year we have some serious game droughts and the last 4 months have been that period,apart from last november when every publisher in the world released there games there has been very little of interest.

As expected i lost the plot and story with Mass Effect 3 and its time to take stock and realise i dont do these long winded games as patience and story telling is not my type of thing.
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 15-Mar-12 17:26:34
Print Post

The next 2 expansion packs are

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill. Featuring new drivable tanks, ATV’s, mobile artillery, and more — and to top it off, the biggest map in Battlefield history.

We also have a fourth expansion pack lined up for you: Battlefield 3: End Game, but details about that one remain tightly guarded for now.

Nothing more has been said about the above 2 expansion packs, proably will see stuff once CQ has been released.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to