Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Mar-12 09:34:23
Print Post

Roll On April 22nd

[link to this post]

Just the kind of fix i have been looking for for the past 6 months,nothing to taxing of the brain just pure killing and carnage with a better graphic engine than the first game.

Loved the first Prototype but the second looks well cool so here is hoping it turns out really cool and the reviews hit the hot spot.........PROTOTYPE 2
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Mar-12 16:19:52
Print Post

Re: Roll On April 22nd

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Bring it On baby

Nice Walkthrough of Prototype 2 with one of the lead designers courtesy of ign.com
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Mar-12 00:53:18
Print Post

Yeah, looks good. Had to laugh at one of the comments "naomi has...". Well, she did ask people to let her know what they thought! Children, eh?

I like a lot of the ideas of Prototype but it looks pretty repetitive and without meaning any offense, a bit immature in scope. Is there a story (a purpose) to the game, or not? Looks pretty mindless, which can work provided there is some meat to the game: a point.

It'd be good to see some the ideas put into a game with a different setting and broader scope. I just mean the upgrades like flying, and superhuman strength. Carnage is fun. Just look at GTA IV and Just Cause 2 but it does get stale if that's all there is.

What did you make of the original Prototype then mate? Any good? Did it even have a storyline? If not, did that matter?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 22-Mar-12 09:47:56
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Never been to worried about story Spook and yes it had some sort of story,more interested in how the game plays and is it fun and does it look pretty decent.

On all accounts it is a lot of fun and yes it can get repetitive like most games on the market, i mean the first great game Bioshock got repetitive .

Something just actually struck me and prototype revisited has bought that to my attention,its to do with the first time you actually load up a game and watch the into and various introductions to the game in question.

I can make a clear judgement about a game within minutes of it loading,by watching the level of detail put into the introduction ,how good were the cut scenes,how good is the music,what the actual menu system looks like once the intro has finished.

I mean last night when i thought i would dig out Prototype which is 2 years old because of my need for a little carnage.the game had everything i just mentioned and like i said it puts most of todays games to shame.

Its just mindless fun and you get a sense of enjoyment running up buildings and causing havoc ,yes it pretty stupid but does that matter........Its about enjoyment and games like this are satisfying for doing just that,games like the unfortunate Saints Row the Third are not even though in a round about way they are similar.

Was expecting a lot from Saints Row 3rd but what we got was a god dam awful excuse for a game that looks like it came straight from a playstation 1

Graphically Prototype is not a 10/10 but they work and the game does what it says on the can,the follow up looks a lot more impressive and I'm confident it will be a great game and will live up to the expectations based on the first.

Even the publishers must have confidence in this product as they are going for a MW release date,not Friday but Tuesday the 22nd.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Mar-12 20:10:34
Print Post

Yeah, i know you weren't too keen on Saints Row 3. A lot of the stuff I saw in the trailers put me off.

The original Prototype game really appealed at the time but I was concerned about longevity. I guess that's why I asked about storyline, as this can help a lot if the game gets to be a bit of a slog at times or not.

Roll on Proto2 then. wink
  Print Thread

Jump to