Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Mar-12 16:02:57
Print Post

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2......Tech Demo

[link to this post]

Its amazing how they make some games look like you want to rush out and buy them based on previews and videos and this SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR 2 is no different.

Sadly the first game was utter Garbage and if this is anything like the first then god help us all,how the developers or people who front the money in the first place decide to make a second game based on the poor reviews and sales of the first game is beyond belief.

Unless this turns out to be a new direction and a learning curve for how not to make a [censored] game only time will tell,i do remember picking the first game up based on similar looking videos and my oh my was i dissapointed.

Anyway it may well surprise but seriously i doubt it ?
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Mar-12 16:23:10
Print Post

Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2......Tech Demo

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I think a lot of people must have been caught out by the first game - I can't imagine them getting the go ahead for #2 without the first one being a commercial success. But yes, the first one was utter garbage...

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Mar-12 17:51:43
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

I really don't know how it was a commercial success but someone somewhere must know something that we dont know thats for sure.

A lot of games have tremendous potential and Sniper Ghost Warrior i had similar expectations,sadly its all to frequent these games just don't match the previews and the hype and fail miserably .

But like you say Ilh someone must see a shining light and may be it made more money than i expected even though it was in my eyes a really poor game.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 21-Mar-12 19:00:58
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by time2die:
Its amazing how they make some games look like you want to rush out and buy them based on previews and videos and this SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR 2 is no different.

Even if they make it look amazing, it will still be utter pants like the first one.

I'm glad I only rented the first one.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 21-Mar-12 23:44:39
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Yeah mate your more than likely probably right but we can hoping,been revisiting some classic fun games from the past tonight and got out Prototype from about 2 years ago.

Even now with all its fun and endless destruction it puts most games such as Saints Row the 3rd to shame and im sure in 4 weeks time when Prototype 2 gets released we are going to have a really good game based on this first game alone.

Not breath taking graphics but cool enough with some really nice cut scenes and plenty of action and kill moves to keep the blood hungry amongst us busy and happy.

After playing it for about 3 hours tonight I'm so glad that i kept it after all these years,actually that tells me something else really........I must have really liked it in the first place as i never traded it and that is rare indeed.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Mar-12 01:58:02
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Didn't think much of this gameplay vid myself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTpFgQglYEQ

Is it just me, or do those colours look really really (yes really!) garish? Makes me wanna puke.

Talk about hand holding. Apart from the chopper (and your magic bullet resistant vest), it didn't look like you could do owt wrong. Tango ahead. Dead. See the two over there in the bushes? Let's mark everything so it's really clear. I'll even include the bullet drop so all you have to do is point and shoot. Yeah, that's it. What a guy! Let me buy you a beer.

Looks "Charlie Romeo Alfa Papa" to me... But it might work better on console. (Hey just saying!) wink tongue
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 22-Mar-12 06:36:43
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Looks far to linear for my liking.

The graphics don't look as scruffy as the first installment on the PS3 mind.
  Print Thread

Jump to