Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 28-Mar-12 18:19:10
Print Post

Max Payne 3.......Multiplayer Trailer ...

[link to this post]

Multiplayer Trailer wink

Very much like they have taken it all from Uncharted 3 Multiplayer but i still have high hopes,more interested in the single player game if I'm totally honest.

Edited by time2die (Wed 28-Mar-12 18:23:24)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 28-Mar-12 20:37:52
Print Post

Re: Max Payne 3.......Multiplayer Trailer ...

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Its bound to lag its ass off.......I wonder what lag is like in bullet time? tongue

I'm with you on the single player though. Graphics look great and I am hoping it gets close to UC visually, but with tonnes more shooting going on!
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Mar-12 00:22:11
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Only time will tell mate,its still 2 months away and in the next few weeks there is a Multiplayer beta for the Ghost Recon Future soldier on both the 360 and Playstation.

Not sure if its for all but i know that Playstation Plus subscribers get it [thats me] Lol wink

Been a long time since i had a decent game and end of April/May is were I'm hoping something of substance appears.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Mar-12 05:30:08
Print Post

Actually that looks quite good in places. I like the Payne Killer mode idea (where you assume the Max Payne identity and are harder to take down). Is that a unique multiplayer concept or not I wonder?

Not sure about the bullet time mode though. Or third person perspective for that matter! As for lag/lag compensation and bullet time. That can best be summed up by a smiley I feel. This one to be precise: crazy

Overall though, I'm not convinced by that multiplayer trailer. It looked a little bit more than just a little bit aimless, all those players seemed to be acting like dumb AI running altogether into a hail of bullets with no cover at all and dying of course. It makes me suspect they've not properly play tested that part at least as there's no indication anyone actually knows what they're doing. If they are practised, then that's somewhat worse as it indicates there's nothing to actually do other than run straight into wide open areas and be shot down in a hail of bullets. So what's worse?

Single player will hopefully make up for it. Plus possibly a single player co-op mode? One where two real people can play the game would be cool but not relying on Windows Live or whatever it's called (for us PC players).
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Mar-12 06:45:41
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Definitely with you on the co-op mate. smile

It gets touted as the future of gaming quite often, but still many of the big AAA games manage not to include it (I guess for financial reasons) so I wont hold my breath. frown
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 29-Mar-12 06:53:18
Print Post

I'm not sure if I want Ghost Recon yet. It looks great but I fancy Max Payne for the hectic approach more than Future Soldiers stealthy approach.

Cant really afford both at the minute, so I'll probably plump for Max Payne. I didn't think I would a few months ago but it's starting to look like a great action game.
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 29-Mar-12 19:02:15
Print Post

What what cheat protection they'll introduce ? It's amazing that networking stuff is always the last to be improved over graphics and sound...

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books
Preview of AtomZ My Blog
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 29-Mar-12 23:22:06
Print Post

Prototype 2 .......Bad Move .......No demo

The developers of Prototype 2 have stated there will be No demo of there new game based on the fact they say its to big a game and a demo would not serve the title very well with just a small sample.

Basically to me that sounds like a cop out and when you don't get a demo of a game that usually spells trouble.no always but in many instances .

I personally loved the first game even though graphically it was no technical marvel,so to actually muck the second game up would be a major surprise but no demo is sometimes a sign things are not going to plan.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 03-Apr-12 07:48:36
Print Post

Shopto.net keep sending me emails regarding the Max Payne special edition.........Im keen but not £97.85 keen.

Lets see what you get for the best part of £100 in todays struggling economy .

Contents include:
A copy of Max Payne 3;
10” tall Collectible Max Payne Statue created in a collaboration between TriForce and Rockstar Games;
Series of game-inspired Original Still Life Art Prints that depict some of Max Payne’s inner demons and vices;
Copper and brass-plated iron, bullet-shaped Bullet Keychain featuring a screw-off back;
Classic Multiplayer Character Pack of eight playable multiplayer characters for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, including fan favourites from the original Max Payne and Max Payne 2 like Max Payne from Max Payne 2, Mona Sax and Vladimir Lem;
Disorderly Conduct Multiplayer Weapons Pack for Max Payne 3 Multiplayer that includes the Hammerhead Auto Shotgun, G9 Grenade Launcher and Molotov cocktail;
Max Payne 3 Official Soundtrack featuring the game’s instrumental score.

Nice try i want the game but i don't want the rest and the same goes for the special editions of Prototype 2 and Ghost Recon Future soldier.

I dont mind the odd special edition when they are about £5 more but some of the prices are a tad over the top if you ask me.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 03-Apr-12 07:56:47
Print Post

You're not wrong there. I'm looking forward to it but not that much!

I need to route around down the back of the sofa to justify buying both this and Ghost Recon, so I certainly won't be blowing that sort of dough on a ten incher. wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to