Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 04-Apr-12 15:10:47
Print Post

Aliens colonial marines

[link to this post]

I actually loved nearly all the films but sadly i don't see this been on top of my agenda or a game that remotely interests me based on one fact .......Gearbox Software..........DUKE NUKE EM FOREVER ?

Now the game looks way better than the tripe Duke Nukem but that does not take a lot to beat that pile of rubbish now does it.

Anyway check out the TRAILER.

Seriously is anyone actually interested in this.........?

The sounds are very much like the alien films with the pulse riffles and motion trackers,but the actually killing of the aliens looks a bit naff to me.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 04-Apr-12 18:25:57
Print Post

Re: Aliens colonial marines

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Yep. smile

Not sure what modecyour link was but t looked like horde mode, unless you can play as either side. I thought that there was going to be 4 way co op on campaign mode. If so I will be likely to give it a go. I love alien movies and haven't bothered with the games since a Sega Saturn (I think) version many moons ago.

The other trailers made it look like it could be fun, but I'll wait until a bit closer to release before judging too much. I must admit though, Rockstar or not, I really want it to be good. smile
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Thu 05-Apr-12 14:18:39
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

All this game needs to do is just scare the [censored] out of people, how these games have always worked.

Praobly get the fear side sorted but the rest will likely be pretty poor.

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 05-Apr-12 23:50:40
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

You want to scare the [censored] out of people then you buy both Dead Space games as they are quality in every department,you want a ruined Film Franchise then you buy into this game which will flop no doubts about it ?

When you look at Gearbox previous work Duke nuke em forever how can they expect anybody with a sane mind to get excited about this,besides it looks pretty useless anyway judging by the trailers.

Im all for Alien games and i love the films and have watched them over and over many times,but this is some rubbish developer at the helm trying to cash in on the name alone and I'm not suckered in anymore.

Give it to the same people that produced Dead Space and you will get a Film Turned into a game that in my opinion will do what Goldeneye did for the FPS market at the time.

We all know that films turned into games are basically a complete waste of time and money because 99% of them fail and are developed by incompetent developers who don't even try and make a decent game but think that we will buy it because we all loved the Films..............Don't think so

For me to actually be interested in this game then it would have to score nines and perfect 10s and it aint going to happen.

Apart from Goldeneye try and think of a decent FILM turned into a GAME that really had that WOW factor ?

Edited by time2die (Fri 06-Apr-12 09:25:51)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 05-Apr-12 23:56:46
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I loved every minute of this game and it's the first FPS I can remember playing. Scary as hell and hard as!

Something close to this is all I want from the latest version. If it doesn't try too hard it should be fine. smile
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Apr-12 00:04:28
Print Post

I loved dead space but never finished it. I thought it started to get monotonous and needed to move faster. And based on that I doubt I would enjoy the future Resident Evil game either.

Fond memories and all that, but I think I need pace to keep up with the fear/excitement now. Lack of patience nowadays I guess. wink
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Fri 06-Apr-12 01:01:24
Print Post

I do agree but film rights are expensive and not all companys can afford them, in a ideal world the right studios would make the right games.

Going on Duke is a bit hard as the game was never expected to come out and when it finally dropped, well it was duke and not brillaint, had too much expectation behind it.

Colonial marines it it can capture what made the orgingal good then it will work, may not be the best game but its why people will go and buy it.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Apr-12 02:01:04
Print Post

Have to agree with this guy who commented on that 'classic' review though:

Is it just me or does this guy sound a little off from time to time? Like Gman from Half-Life.

He. Kept. Pausing. In. What he was. Saying. Game reviews brought to you by the Gman.

Compared to the Max Payne 3 mp demo this Colonial Marines thing looked very flat and quite boring but compared to your clip you can really see how animation at least has come on.

I think just adding some better sound effects would go some way to enlivening the action up some. More screaming perhaps? grin
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Apr-12 09:31:06
Print Post

The graphics look better than that Duke Nuke em forever game............On a serious note i remember buying it at the time myself but when you look at these games now they just look really rubbish but at the time we thought they were the dogs dangles didn't we.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 06-Apr-12 17:25:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
The graphics look better than that Duke Nuke em forever game............On a serious note i remember buying it at the time myself but when you look at these games now they just look really rubbish but at the time we thought they were the dogs dangles didn't we.wink
I thought it was the dangly bits with bells on. It's funny because I always find myself in favour of backward compatibility, I always think its a good idea and the decent thing to do for loyal customers, but then never play the old games. Once you experience the next gen it's vey difficult to still enjoy a game you thought you would never get bored with.

The kids maybe, but personally I never actually bother.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to