Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Apr-12 01:25:15
Print Post

Battlefields 3......Someone Frustration of what EA have done

[link to this post]

FRUSTRATION

Not that i play the game as i thought it looked rubbish on consoles and the single player was one of the worse experiences i have had the displeasure of playing through for a FPS.

But on a serious note have consoles ruined a genuine decent looking game on a high end rig in all its glory because of limitations with the 360 and Playstation.

Are only the people with the nice rigs seeing the true results and the rest of us palmed of with a watered down version totally ruined.

Im not a Battlefields fan at the best of times but i was certainly fooled when i saw those glorious videos many months ago.
Standard User jorkila
(member) Sat 07-Apr-12 10:27:12
Print Post

Re: Battlefields 3......Someone Frustration of what EA have

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Great reading i must say lol.
Really also points to the fact that the bulk (not all) of console players are kids and now have the ability to host Bf3 matches with their own rules which kinda sucks really.
Not played on my 360 since building a new rig so i've not had the displeasure of said such servers.
But the point he makes about Ea's servers have all but disappeared since being able to rent your own server is abit naughty don't ya think.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Apr-12 13:40:33
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

The article is mainly talking about 360 which as we know is inhabited more so by 15 year old [censored], than the ps3. But sadly the points he puts over about the game in general are true of both consoles.

As we all know the only thing the likes of EA care about these days is money

PS I'm not being a fan boy, just I've noticed that those I play with/against on the ps3 are usually older types.

Why anyone would want to pay for a server is beyond me. More money than sense???

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Apr-12 14:15:09
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Strong claim from someone that does not even own a Xbox 360 swanny...........

Fact on all the consoles there are immature idiots or so called children as you call it,only on a PC do you actually get a better adult minded gamer.

Just because a few of your mates more than likely own a 360 don't think that its exclusive to a Xbox because i can tell you from someone that has played all the online games on all the networks that there is no difference as both the playstation and xbox 360 have immature idiots on there networks.

And the reasons for this is quite simple.........Consoles are easily accessible to all and sundry with minimum set up and are ideal Birthday,Christmas presents for the so called crowd you speak of.

How many parents actually buy 10 year old jimmy a gaming rig for Christmas or Birthday,Ask a child of today what he wants for a Present, A Playstation 3, a Xbox 360 .or a PC and we know what they are going to choose and it isn't the later because quite frankly they are just not clever enough to understand a PC and the console are far more user friendly for someone of that age............And thats why we get so much idiotic behaviour with a much more frequent nutter thinking its ok to whistle down the microphone or make stupid noises or even play some head banging [censored] music in the back ground........Then we might have the screaming baby crying over the air or the continuous sound of a dog barking.

Thats the downside to online console gaming and there is nothing you or i can do about it,but Swanny its not the first time you have bad mouthed the 360 and i dare say it wont be the last.

To form a honest opinion you have to have owned and played all the consoles and you have not so your views really should be taken with a pinch of salt because you are a fanboy of Sony so don't try and deny it.smile

Continuously in your posts you have a dig at the 360 been the sole owner of just a Playstation 3,been a gamer Swanny its mighty time you actually realised that in most cases the 360 actually has the best version of a multi platform game...........So as much as i hate this myself having both consoles its a well know fact.

Edited by time2die (Sat 07-Apr-12 14:17:59)

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Sat 07-Apr-12 16:50:17
Print Post

Almost brought BF3 today on the 360; however had the nagging feeling of 8 to 15 year running high on sugar before release so I passed again also had no idea of this server rental so it wonít be a consideration at all now, So thankyou for the link. To me it was obvious BF3 were always looking for a slice of the MW cake, another I avoid due to sugar high kids and poor servers. As the article strongly points too itís the money with regards to BF3 server rental and not a big surprise with EA.

As for which has more grown up user base of the two consoles, I would have to go with PS3 over the 360, although I much favour my 360 over my PS3, I have spent countless more hours/years on the 360 than PS3, having a first day release PS3 still going strong, it pretty much did not get used until MAG came along, thatís where I compare the two user bases.

Actually looking back on the 360 games I have played I doubt the user base age was much different either, perhaps with such a narrow comparisons itís down to the choice of game and the gamer it attracts.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Apr-12 18:14:03
Print Post

To form a honest opinion you have to have owned and played all the consoles and you have not so your views really should be taken with a pinch of salt because you are a fanboy of Sony so don't try and deny it.

T2D you don't have to own a 360 to know which age group the console is most popular with.
Personally I couldn't give a monkeys whether or not a game is better on one platform or another. I made my decision and bought the PS3 purely because I wanted something more than just a games console and can't see the point in wasting money by owning both the PS3 and the 360 just so I can get slightly different graphics or gameplay, for what it's worth IMO the best gaming option is without doubt a good gaming PC, consoles are just second best. I don't have an upto date PC as I can't be bother with that level of commitment to playing games, I have other interests in my life. The PS3 is easy to pick up and play for a bit of fun but that's all the true gaming experience comes from immersing yourself in a way that only a PC can do. I am allowed to comment on that as I did once have a top end gaming rig. If fact I've had most consoles along the way with exception to the x-boxes

I'm not bad mouthing as you put it the 360, it's as capable as the PS3 maybe even more so, but it's just not my choice.
As for immature players we all know that MW attracts the majority of those on both platforms.

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Sat 07-Apr-12 22:05:58
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

Where were you going to bring it to? (I still can't understand that typo/dyslexia mistake) tongue

Good thing you didn't, Dice as being the Demi-coders they are, have left the game in a not so good state. Bugs all over the shop and the same old reg issues which always crop up with Dice games.

In an ideal world, BF3 would be good. However there are issues with the game's engine that need addressing as well as balance issues especially against new players.
Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Sat 07-Apr-12 23:09:35
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gzero:
Where were you going to bring it to? (I still can't understand that typo/dyslexia mistake) tongue

Awright geeezzaa! EA = Get mawer Sugar High Bin Lids itís where da money is. Sorted mate.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Standard User ccxo
(committed) Sat 07-Apr-12 23:31:36
Print Post

[re: NilSatisOptimum] [link to this post]

BF3 suffered with having a release on all 3 platforms, as PC went from the lead to 2nd place in order to get the console versions out.

Ideally i would have rather had the console's given the game first and kept the PC version in development to fix all of the problems, but we dont get the ideal solutions with having multiple platforms release at the same time.

As to which console is better then the other, the argument will never end but put simply who cares play on the system you like.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 08-Apr-12 01:12:23
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Fair enough Swanny and you have the right to make your views and opinion,Me from a personal level i don't see any difference as i have come across the immature crowd on both the consoles.

Cod games in general are the worse offenders but are we all really that surprised,it would be great in the future that we could actually play games with a more mature crowd and get rid of the teeny boppers amongst us with some sort of age filter or something.

Its got to the stage now where i rarely use a microphone as i have it turned of but my headset on,only when someone speaks that sounds sensible to i even try and communicate.

And on most occasions i have found the more mature gamer playing gears 3,not trying to put you down Swanny i just think that if you want Mature then you go down the PC route as we both already know.smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to