Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Apr-12 00:25:56
Print Post

ICO

[link to this post]

Almost 3/4 of the way through this game. It truly is a great game but with one major annoyance, the camera. With so many puzzles that require you to search around continuously, I would expect close to a 360° field of view, but it does seem to do its best to fight you. And not being able to invert it is a real pain aswell.

Has anybody else played it and found that odd?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Apr-12 00:55:46
Print Post

Re: ICO

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Camera has always been a problem with these type of games and yes it's annoying,i am surprised your still playing this some 4 months later and i have yet to hear your thoughts on Flower if you have even finished it matey wink

Still not heard if you have played or downloaded Journey ?,if not why not as it truly is a masterclass in Gaming.
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Apr-12 08:54:21
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Just time mate, work and the bin lid ankle weights etc. Its an enchanting little game and I wanted to make time to finish it. Proper tricky though. Then Shadow OC next!

At this particular moment I'm lucky to grab a couple of hours a week gaming so I've gotten myself a mental schedule. Demos when I only have 15-30 mins spare. I downloaded and installed I Am Alive last night. I know, I know! But I need to appreciate its failings for myself! smile

Next after SOC is Limbo. I really like the look of the preview and will download the full game rather than the demo. How long ago did you recommend that one?!?!

Then Journey after that. If I buy games before I have time to dedicate to them, I tend to rush through and not appreciate the full experience. ICO is a perfect example. I got fed up with the camera a few months ago and left it to one side. ONLY because you recommended it so highly did I decide to wait until I knew I would have a few solid hours to dedicate to it properly. And because I did, I am now loving the game and not letting the poor camera chasing detract from the great game that it is.

Twitch gaming has always bee my bag. I love shooting the [censored] out of stuff end of, and if you can make me jump while you're at it, even better. grin But as I age gracefully I seem to be learning that from a gaming standpoint, less can be more. And in that vein I am hoping that The Last Guardian does eventually arrive and lives up to the same expectation from an ICO type viewpoint. More ambience than crash bang wallop if you like, something ThatGamingCompany seems to have nailed perfectly.

But only for in between the crash bang wallops you understand? smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 09-Apr-12 10:26:24
Print Post

Yeah if you have little time then i guess its difficult,played through Journey about 20 times and like Flower its a little gem that you don't see very often.

Limbo is about 15 months old and is also a quality game,by downloading I Am Alive you have now put yourself in the stupid category like me smile.

Im getting pretty desperate for a new game and can not wait until Prototype 2 comes out in a couple of weeks,then Max Payne and Ghost Recon Future Soldier should keep me well entertained during the summer.

I have gone through and tried to reply various games again like Dead Space,Red Dead Redemption,Bulletstorm,and Just Cause 2 but since i have finished all of these its a short term fix and the excitement is not the same second time around.

Really has been a rubbish last 5 months on the game releases and i have wasted a fair bit of money on games like Devil May Cry HD collection that i thought i would love but suffers from [censored] camera angles and looks so old in the graphics department compared to whats about today.

Come to the conclusion i should stay well clear of retro games as i do love something that looks good,i bout the ico/shadow hd remake and again because i had played them to death on the playstation 2 i could not really be that bothered after a few hours.

Started to play God Of War 3 last night which is another classic game but again i have finished this about 3 times and after a few hours it quickly gets boxed and returned to a darkened corner.

Problem you have with all these games you want to download is schedule as you say and time,its ok when nothing is getting released but what are you going to do when the bigger games start getting released like Max Payne 3,Prototype 2 and Ghost Recon and a fair few others in the next few months.

Games like Max Payne 3 are going to need a lot more time than the 30 minutes you have matey wink

Edited by time2die (Mon 09-Apr-12 10:30:07)

Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Apr-12 19:37:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Games like Max Payne 3 are going to need a lot more time than the 30 minutes you have matey
Tell me about it! That's why I'm struggling to choose between Max and Ghost at the mInute.

Hopefully work will have calmed down a fair bit by then and I can go back to the good old days of midweek late nighters. grin
Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 09-Apr-12 23:10:41
Print Post

I usually complete most FPS in two days...

-----------------------------------------------
Good for what ails you.. Follow me on Twitter. Be* Say it with wibbles!
My YouTube Channel Programming : My GLBasic Books
Preview of AtomZ My Blog
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 09-Apr-12 23:44:03
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Stop gloating! tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Apr-12 00:05:02
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

May be so but thats when games like Ghost Recon Future soldier hopefully come in to there own with a great multiplayer online game play [heres hoping anyway].

Max Payne 3 by all accounts looks like it's going to be something quite special given Rockstars Pedigree [chum]and even the head of the previous developers Remedy has quoted that the game is Awesome.

Now we can not read to much into this as it could be a bit of propaganda Hype,but saying that Rockstar in my opinion don't release tripe unlike some developers like gearbox and a fair few others .........

Only the other week i was playing around with Ghost recon 2 which is about 4 years old and it looks better than most of the stuff thats been released today.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 10-Apr-12 00:08:46
Print Post

Just buy both and get on with it.........Once a Gamer always a gamer and you know you will be tempted,especially if
i come on here raving about them.

I think if you want a short term fix then it has to be Max,but i think if you want squad and tactics and a little more depth then its Ghost.......

Im a gambling man and I'm betting you will get both unless one or the other or both get slaughtered at the review stage of which i doubt very much.wink
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 10-Apr-12 00:25:32
Print Post

I'll tell the missus they are second hand or else she'll be the one doing the slaughtering. wink
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to