Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Apr-12 15:24:04
Print Post

Gone Back To Black Ops .....Hard to believe i know

[link to this post]

Im not the greatest Treyarch supporter but in all honesty Black ops is a way better product than the current MW3 so in for a penny in for a pound.

Picked it up second hand from Blockbusters for £14.99 and now the mammoth task of downloading all the map packs again.

One of my friends prompted me to get it saying that after he returned to BO after prestige 10 he realises that it is so much more fun than mw3 and even reckons the maps are way better.

In desperate need of some FPS fix but i will have to rank up all over again,with Prototype 2 on tuesday and Max Payne and Future soldier only a few weeks later i doubt this will happen but it may have more longevity than the games i mention.

Hoping Future soldier changes the way i view things and it has great online potential.

Dont know where this is suppose to be for playstation plus subscribers as i don't see anything on the store and im constantly reading its available to all plus subscribers on the store since yesterday.

UPDATE..

I am now reading that only those American Playstation plus subscribers get access to the Ghost Recon Beta,if correct Sony Shafts the hand that feeds them all over again as Europe is a far bigger market than the USA and they make far more money ?

Edited by time2die (Thu 19-Apr-12 15:30:04)

Standard User jorkila
(member) Thu 19-Apr-12 16:15:53
Print Post

Re: Gone Back To Black Ops .....Hard to believe i know

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

PMed you mate!!
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Apr-12 17:31:32
Print Post

[re: jorkila] [link to this post]

Ok Matey wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User woweebert
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Apr-12 18:53:25
Print Post

I think Treyarch are now the No:1 COD developer and i do also believe Black Ops is also the better game as i also believe the community do also .

MW3 is just not doing it for anybody with the Elite subscription failing and very disappointing DLC sales ( i know , as i have the maps and never get to play them in open lobby's ) i look forward to playing Zombies and where Treyarch are going to take the next Black Ops as their going in the right direction and Infinity Ward just went no where with MW3 , in fact i think they went backwards .
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 21-Apr-12 19:05:19
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Perhaps we can have a return to muskets and 30 second reload sequences smile

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Apr-12 10:58:33
Print Post

[re: woweebert] [link to this post]

Interesting to read this. Blops was the last CoD I bought because I was sick of feeling cheated out of my money but I wasn't overly impressed with it. The fact that Blops is considered superior to 3 makes me glad I didn't bother with it. I know there is a lot of love for zombies in this forum but I am not sure that is enough to tempt me to come back for blops II. Will have to wait until it gets closer to release date though I guess.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User robvxr
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 12:17:40
Print Post

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

I blame money grabbing Activision for all Call of Dutys recent failings rather than the game studios. I've been playing Black Ops and CoD 4 more now than other CoD games likes MW2/3.

I hate the way you buy a game, then have to buy a load of other premium services to go with it such as DLCs and game modes like Elite. It was the whole reason Robert Bowling left Activision/IW. He wanted to give legacy maps (maps from older CoD games) to users for free as a thankyou which left Activision fuming.

I reckon Black Ops 2 will be pretty good, if it isn't i'll be very annoyed.

BTBroadband

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by robvxr (Mon 23-Apr-12 12:18:41)

Standard User JonasTone
(newbie) Mon 23-Apr-12 12:44:52
Print Post

Im a pc gamer, and Black ops is the best modern COD game out, MW2 and MW3 sucked, and IMO console gaming sucks anyway. no offence intended to console gamers. i understand that not everyone can afford a gaming PC capable of playing these games in full quality(that being said XBOX cant play BF3 in full)
Standard User mrnelster
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 23-Apr-12 16:48:24
Print Post

[re: robvxr] [link to this post]

He wanted to give legacy maps (maps from older CoD games) to users for free as a thankyou which left Activision fuming.
Is that the actual reason? If so, respect to Mr Bowling.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 23-Apr-12 17:30:53
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Activision just like EA and the rest are getting far to greedy but if the likes of me and many others pay for content that should have been there in the first place then I'm just a hypocrite.

I dont like paying for new maps or additional content but when i buy the games that appeal to me i don't want to feel left out when many of my friends have map packs i don't own.

Suppose its the way of the world really bit like paying £30 to watch a football match to fund the over paid players that frequent the premiership that can not even pass a ball 10 yards to a opposing player.

its sad really as people power is strong enough to change many things but it aint going to happen as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to