Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 28-Apr-12 18:33:50
Print Post

COD Black Ops II

[link to this post]

Aparently on its way for November.
Anyone still playing it?

had originally planned to buy it once bored of BF3, but still learning things in BF3 that make it fun.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Apr-12 21:35:41
Print Post

Re: COD Black Ops II

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, for the campaign at least. Not bothered about the MP and I think zombies has become far too convoluted so I'm not sure about that either.

But campaign, definitely.
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Mon 30-Apr-12 09:17:55
Print Post

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Agreed, Zombies was good up until Black Ops. Five was a good map but the newer ones they focussed too much on the easter eggs rather than surviving the rounds. I would of liked to have seen more weapons, more perks, different environmental changes etc. rather than doing lots of annoying steps for a bit of story.

Judgement reserved until I see more about the new COD!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Apr-12 19:30:00
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

I liked the rocket level (the name escapes me) because at least the tasks doubled up as an escape mechanism (lunar landers).

The rest just got monotonous though. frown
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Tue 01-May-12 09:41:13
Print Post

Ah yea sorry, I liked Five and Ascension (the rocket one) that was a good map smile But yea the rest got pretty damn boring.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-May-12 07:29:00
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

I think this sounds promising and from a campaign perspective, forward thinking. I don't want a simulator, just action without too many rails as "Strikeforce" promises.

And as one of the old school that buys games first and foremost for their campaign mode, that sounds really cool to me. cool
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-May-12 07:42:34
Print Post

Re: COD Black Ops II......TRAILER

Watch the Trailer wink

Lets be honest did we not know that Treyarch would be releasing Black Ops 2 .......Kind of Obvious.

Trailer looks really nice,but how many games can we say that about ?
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-May-12 08:19:34
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

To be honest mate (multiplayer aside) I have never felt let down by a COD title. I remember feeling the latter MOH games being intrinsically scripted to the point of almost being on auto pilot, which is the cardinal sin as far as I'm concerned. Somewhere between FarCry 2 and MOH is about right for me. Constrained freedom rather than a total sandbox approach, although the time I am able to set aside for gaming probably helps make that descision for me. Those with more time will likely see it slightly differently.

And I don't really have a leaning toward Infinty Ward or Treyarch. Campaign wise I loved World at War. Especially assaulting the steps of the buildings in the penultimate mission. I'm very easily satisfied, give me a gun (don't care what sort), good cinematics and a beautifully balanced control feel and I'm happy. I don't want tired, heavy, "simulated" movement (Killzone for example). I hate realistic movement. If I wanted realism I'd join the TA.

Twitch shooting all the way for me. grin
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 02-May-12 10:08:01
Print Post

I blinked and missed the in game footage in that trailer. Nice cut scenes,hold on is it a movie or a game?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 02-May-12 10:25:23
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

We will be seeing plenty more in game footage over the weeks I'm sure of that ?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to