Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-May-12 09:40:37
Print Post

Starhawk........Playstation 3 Exclusive ?

[link to this post]

Comes out Friday

Any playstation users interested as by all accounts the beta was very interesting and the game plays pretty decent.

Actually its a follow up to Warhawk only about 3 years later

Edited by time2die (Mon 07-May-12 09:47:34)

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-May-12 10:24:05
Print Post

Re: Starhawk........Playstation 3 Exclusive ?

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Not my cup of tea thanks

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-May-12 11:50:49
Print Post

Loved Warhawk, but it could become a real lagfest at times so got fed up quite quickly.

I expect this would be the same for me.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-May-12 14:38:27
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

ign.com review
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-May-12 18:12:08
Print Post

Looks good but a bit complicated for me maybe. Love the setting and the scenery, this kind of game would really have appealed if I was a kid with a PS3. I had more patience when I was young.

Will you be taking a punt T2D?
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-May-12 23:37:13
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Hiya Spook........You resurfaced my friend .........In for a penny in for a pound thats my moto and because of the game drought i may well take a punt on this game.

No need really as i have just finished Prototype 2 [loved it] and we have max in just under 2 weeks and Ghost future soldier a week later.

But you know me I'm more than likely going to get it wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-May-12 13:02:24
Print Post

Hey mate. Yeah, I am back online. Went away for a few days.

How was your trip to Italy? You have a nice time there?

So, you've played Prototype 2 all the way through already? That's dedication! Did you play Warhawk at all?

Been reading that Starhawk will have a co-op mode and wondered if you and mrnelstar were thinking of teaming up for it. Not sure about the dropping bases all over the place thing but the game looks interesting at least.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-May-12 13:15:07
Print Post

Played Prototype 2 non stop and actually finished it last night.i now have the option to play a new game called believe it or not New game Plus.

Which is basically the story all over but with all my super powers i have accumulated.

Having looked at the ign.com review video of Starhawk which by all accounts said it was brilliant i kind of thought to myself do i really want this game and will i be bothering a week later when more to my liking in Max Payne 3 ships and the answer is NO.

So this morning i cancelled my shopto.net pre/order and got sensible for once,i did play warhawk and to be honest i was not a great lover of that game.

I think Starhawk would have kept me interested for a few days but seriously i could not see me actually playing this online much and so i made the decision not to bother.

Italy was brilliant and the weather was really hot and sunny and all went well,went to the island of Capri which is very nice if your a multi millionaire which i aint .

If your into armani and Gucci jackets at 3000 euros and Prada Handbags and all that over priced designers label stuff then your in your element,if like me your not that into clothes but more on the electronic scene then its well boring.wink

A nice Capacinino and cup of tea on Sorrento is about 5 euro,take a trip to Capri return 60 euro each 3 mile journey and they double the price and a little more say 12 euro.

Its a tourist hotspot but nothing special smile
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-May-12 18:04:53
Print Post

Hehe. Yeah, who needs designer handbags when you've got um, maplins! Never could see the attraction of designer clothing myself really. It's just an expensive badge that tells everyone what a snob you are and that you're the kind of person who'll pay extra for nothing but bs hype.

Well, Italy (or parts of) can be quite beautiful. Shame about the people though! Well, not all of them are arrogant and rude but y'know, there's a few more of those sort than over here I felt. Or maybe it's just in Rome and Brindisi... I seem to be remember having learnt 'Excusez' and Italian etiquette pretty quickly on arrival to Rome (just say excusez and shove people out of the way).

Never spent a single euro, that's how well travelled I am. (Not been back to 'Eurpoe' since it was introduced.) Italy still had the whatever they had when I went. Would be nice to go back. I'd have to try and smarten my appearance up a bit as they had a habit of looking down at me and disapproving of my general appearance the last time I was there. Wearing some smart gear might help gain some respect but not much I reckon. Being (poor) English abroad means you're in between dog status and that of a tramp in my experience but that could just be me... I do look a bit of a trampy dog I suppose. crazy
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-May-12 23:58:58
Print Post

Funny you say that because even though i like to dress nice and trendy.......Crombie ,levi stay press,loffers i got them all...........Lol tongue

I suppose when i look at it the Italians are quite rude but there were a few waiters that were really polite and friendly.

The town is really nice Sorrento but they have what i call a Bike problem,24 hours thats all you here is Italian Nutters driving around 24/7 on vespa mopeds.

Saying that if you saw some of the coastal roads we travelled on from the naples airport to get here [70 min journey] you would understand why they use them.

There is not one single car that i saw that had not got some major crash damage,dent or scratch on it because them Italians drive like nobody i have ever seen before.

Even a taxi driver was about 2 inch from the person in front back bumper,that close i could smell his cheese sandwich .......Absolute nutters !!!

I saw some amazing things like dogs [big dogs like German shephards been driven around sitting on the base of these Vespa.........Not strapped in just basically sitting on these bikes as they drive around the town streets.

Also there are many stray dogs that bark continually throughout the night,not a place to retire to for a nice spot of piece and tranquillity thats for sure.

Its a lovely town and i enjoyed it for the 4 days i spent there,but when i eventually retire to my bed at night i like quiet and this is not the place to be even though i was up in the hills in a lovely hotel a mile from the town.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to