Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bioraptor
(learned) Mon 07-May-12 16:24:33
Print Post

The Witcher II

[link to this post]

Well like many I guess I played the Witcher last fortnight and was so pleased with the PC port to the console.
I think CDPROJEKT did a fantastic job on it.

Was wondering what your thought`s were on this ?
Did you enjoy it?,or did you think it fell short of your expectations?.

The Witcher 2

Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-May-12 17:18:31
Print Post

Re: The Witcher II

[re: bioraptor] [link to this post]

My only problem with it was that it was hard to tell when I was progressing that I would cut off side quests which made my game much shorter. Game can be really hard which is nice if you are after a good challenge.
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 07-May-12 18:15:58
Print Post

[re: bioraptor] [link to this post]

Got this on order from Play.com. Had it on order for a few weeks now actually. I'm really looking forward to it as I've read many good things.

I didn't go for the first Witcher as it looked too complicated and I only really like proper FPS style attack methods not point and click to attack kind of thing. So, with Witcher 2 offering a more Skyrim type attack mode then I'm looking forward to immersing myself in the Witcher world.

Lots of good additional content to download (PC version) so I reckon it's gotta be a bit of a bargain. I hope!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-May-12 23:40:20
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

So if that case why have you not received it or is this just the case of play.com sending it well after release dates.

I mean its freely available everywhere else smile
Standard User bioraptor
(learned) Tue 08-May-12 03:00:53
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Gzero:
My only problem with it was that it was hard to tell when I was progressing that I would cut off side quests which made my game much shorter. Game can be really hard which is nice if you are after a good challenge.

If you were to go into your menu on the game you can highlight the quest you want to do which makes it a little easer to follow.

The story was what pulled me into the Witchers world although at times it can can overly deep,although I found by reading the the biography`s on the places and people in the games menu did and will help you understand a little bit better.

I would have loved the combat mechanics a lot more if they were more like Dark Souls,but again it was just a learning curve and adapting to the change.

I played the game solid for 2 week and have seen 5 different endings to the game,there is loads of gaming devs out there who claim your choices will effect your world but very rarely do we see this happen (Mass Effect III )anyone.
But in the case of the Witcher every play through is different,its like two games in one as you will need to play it twice to get both sides of the tail.
For those of you still thinking about playing this or are waiting to play it then you are truly in for a treat.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 08-May-12 12:21:23
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Tell me about it! I guess when I ordered it I hadn't realised it was out of stock at the time. I chose Play as I'm a cheap ass and they were lowest price at the time (£11.99).

I also ordered Mass Effect 3 from HMV at the same time and I still haven't had an update to that. Same thing happened. It was £14.99 there when I ordered.

Just as well I'm not impatient and can wait for it. wink
Standard User Gzero
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-May-12 23:42:12
Print Post

You know it doesn't matter which edition you get? They are all the same minus the fluff in the collector type edition. DLC is free and the 2.0 patch applies to all builds. :>
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-May-12 02:54:37
Print Post

[re: Gzero] [link to this post]

Yep, I did my research bud. Enhanced edition and all that. You can, as you say, get all that for f.r.e.e.! Nice of CD Projekt to release it for all (a good developer if ever I saw one). If it was Activiision or EA, we'd have to sign up for a 12 month elite subscription or something. Looking forward to it but I really do have to get some kind of desk first as playing the PC from the sofa isn't easy! crazy
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-May-12 09:54:03
Print Post

Your funny Spook wink Elite subscription ........who would of thought it and what idiots would do that..........Oh dear ME tongue
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-May-12 15:31:44
Print Post

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

One of the perks of gaming on the PC, old boy! How did that Elite package work out for you btw? Have Activision actually released anything worth having through it yet?

I'm basically a cheapskate mate, so having a PC kinda works out that way. Therer's a ton of mods for Skyrim I can go and look at that are both beautfiul and totally free of charge. Only thing is you do get a bit of a sore bum from sitting up at a desk all day so I gotta work that one out when I do actually buy one. If I were any good with carpentry and the like, I'd design a sofa/armchair desk that you could basically swing a monitor and keyboard+mouse tray over when you needed it but I'm not so it's gonna have to be a desk and bum numbing chair instead. frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to