Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 13-May-12 09:07:36
Print Post

Come on guys this is like a Ghost Gaming forum.

[link to this post]

Not one single thread or post in the last 3 days and with the highly anticipated Max Payne 3 out in 5 days and Ghost Recon Future Soldier a week later i would have thought there would have been plenty to talk about.

So can we please get involved in some discussions and debates especially as there are quite a few games worth mentioning after what has been a severe gaming drought wink

Why we are on the subject i had a few trade in games to get rid of and popped into my local Blockbusters store ,thought i would pick up Starhawk as im desperate for something new only to be told they were not stocking it.

One of the biggest Playstation Exclusives this year and the wise people at Blockbusters are not stocking it......Go Figure ?

Edited by time2die (Sun 13-May-12 09:10:48)

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 13-May-12 15:39:33
Print Post

Re: Come on guys this is like a Ghost Gaming forum.

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

I was the last person to actually post before all activity dropped off to zero. That's kind of embarrassing when you kill a thread/forum like that. So, yeah, don't look at me man. Does thinking about and playing games alot count? tongue

Well, I've been playing Portal the last few days and I'm really getting into it even if it is fiendishly hard in places. I'm a bit late to the party but Steam have got a Portal 2 sale so that's why I checked it out. Not sure whether I'll get the second one or not though. I'm in between.

Had a long go at Machinarium also but I find it really drags and is a pita to play. Looks quite cool but it's so easy to miss something and none of the puzzles seem to make any logical sense. I've stopped playing it as it was too little reward and too much traipsing around scrutinising small detail in the scenerey and trying to figure out what the developers wanted you to do next.

I've been playing GTA San Andreas a lot in the last few weeks. It runs on my laptop y'see so I've switched to low powered games so I can just stay sat on my sofa and play. As I said before, I need a desk to set up my PC on so I've not been gaming on that for a while. However, I have bought Alan Wake (PC) in a Steam sale (£11.99 or something) and I've also finally received my copy of The Witcher 2 from Play.com. I was amazed that they sent this huge box and it looks like, with 2 game disks, it comes will all the DLC. I thought I'd just bought the basic version so that was a bonus. Mass Effect 3 has still yet to arrive (must still be out of stock with HMV).

Well, Max Payne 3 is a very slickly marketed product and one of the big releases for this year. It looks good but I'm not sure the story is going to satisfy as it seems a bit of a strange departure from the Max of old. I will definitely be buying it if it gets the thumbs up from the gaming community, once I know more about how it actually plays for real. Also, I"ve noticed MP3 is pretty cheap for you console owners (£34.77 seems like a good price on Amazon). But I normally avoid paying £27.99 or so for PC titles unless I know it's really going to be good and push all the right buttons. For that price it'd have to be something like GTA V (San Andreas remake) or the follow up to Skyrim or something. We'll see how things pan out on that one.

Not really that interested in Ghost Recon Future Soldier but I did read a nice article about Sim City (2013) that made me wonder if I'd like to try my hand at some real time strategy gaming or whatever it's called. Had a dabble on Sim City on a very old PC back in 1995 or some when and I quite liked it so maybe it's time I had a go at being an overlord or somesuch. Liked the look of that Tropico game too. But, yeah, I've got lots of old games to get through so I'm not too concerned about new releases. Been playing on the Mac actually so I'm hungry for good Mac games that run well on a laptop and don't cost too much. Might buy GTA Vice City for it soon...

Over to you T2D, or somebody new, perhaps? Somebody good? wink smile
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 01:04:14
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Count me out then Spooky wink but thats for the long post it cured my insomnia tongue

Only Kidding matey wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 08:37:15
Print Post

I've been mostly at Japfest and out on my bike.
Too busy for gaming laugh

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-May-12 13:48:32
Print Post

Did you actually read my post in the end then or just skim over it and just post your sarcy comment instead? If it helped you fall asleep I guess at least it was good for something so I shouldn't complain about wasting my efforts. wink

I knew I was on dodgy ground when I put more than one lengthy paragraph in. Don't s'pose you read a lot then matey? My own brain is creaking along these days and I can't find the concentration to read whole articles anymore myself so I know how it feels. I just hope I don't end up as bad as you though! Old age and all that. crazy

Hehehehahaha. tongue
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-May-12 13:49:58
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Hey Swanny, did you do any racing at the Japfest then? I'd never heard of it but it looks quite cool. I remember some of those cars in Grand Turismo 2!
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 15:50:44
Print Post

Spooky........I always read every word in your posts because as you are aware you are THE MESSIAH ! Gaming genius of the most highest of ranks tongue

Where else can i read such accurate gaming information apart from the Sun Newspaper smile

I did use Google Translation but thats not really a problem wink
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-May-12 15:52:34
Print Post

Hahahhaha. You crack me up. Thanks mate! grin
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 15:55:34
Print Post

You know i love you really smile

It makes my day when you are frequenting the Gaming forums matey wink

Make it even better if you bought a 360 and we teamed up for a few matches on certain games .
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-May-12 16:32:01
Print Post

Ah shucks mate, I love you too. One day I shall buy a 360 just for you. But with the 720 just round the corner, I think I should probably wait.

You been at the giggle water again btw? wink

I am almost always skint though mate. Keep spending my dosh on toys so no money left for um, serious stuff like Xbox's.

Ain'tchoo got nobody to play with today then matey? What about Jaxx? Is he about? tongue

Edited by SPOOKish (Mon 14-May-12 16:32:57)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to