Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 16:26:55
Print Post

Max Payne 3 Review Thread...........

[link to this post]

Ok i am going to post all the links for reviews of the game in this thread alone as soon as the Embargo lifts at 5pm uk time this evening.

Lets hope it hits the dizzy heights and we get some really great scores because boy am i going to be depressed if this game bombs .............Hey on a serious note.......Have Rockstar actually got a history of releasing rubbish ............Narrrr !smile
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 14-May-12 16:51:18
Print Post

Re: Max Payne 3 Review Thread...........

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Well, they did release 'Bully'. I thought that was rubbish. But I did buy it a good few years after it was initially released during a Steam sale. Boy, did that game suck though. The graphics were awful and the screen width was stuck at 4:3 with no widescreen option.

But yeah, of all the developers and publishers out there, Rockstar are one of the very few to consistently release consistent quality games.

Uh oh. Just noticed that the original developers of Bully are doing Max Payne 3. Rockstar Vancouver had better not yank this up. crazy tongue
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 17:06:10
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Oh No tongue

Anyway here we go on the reviews........
http://n4g.com/news/997458/max-payne-3-review-thesix...
http://n4g.com/news/997459/ign-max-payne-3-review
http://n4g.com/news/997472/gametrailers-max-payne-3-...

Gametrailers lowest so far and I'm a tad surprised nobody has given it full marks as of yet,still decent scores but i was expecting the 10s to flow like water.

MY FAVOURITE REVIEW SO FAR

Edited by time2die (Mon 14-May-12 17:38:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MrTAToad2
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-May-12 17:37:51
Print Post

Sounds like it isn't as good as it should have been smile

Follow me on Twitter. Be* My Blog
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Mon 14-May-12 17:56:31
Print Post

[re: MrTAToad2] [link to this post]

Seems a little hit and miss by some reviewers i will give you that,Edge Magazine desperate for hits as usual as come in with a 7/10 .

Have seem some really low scores like 2.5/out of 5 but from sites i have never heard of in all my years gaming.

Think its still going to be pretty dam awesome and to my liking .smile
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-May-12 01:56:28
Print Post

In reply to a post by time2die:
Think its still going to be pretty dam awesome and to my liking .smile

Yeah, that was my thinking also. Definitely enough ingredients in the mixture there to make a very satisfying game even in unexpected places.

I love that they've got the original voice actor and kept the Max Payne character true to past expectations. One of the key aspects of why Max Payne was such a good game in the first place was not just graphics, setting or story but the gun sound effects. There was something very very satisfying about the way the guns handled and actually felt and I think this was largely due to sound effects. Good to see great sound getting a good mention.

The multiplayer experience actually looks like a lot of fun with some really amazing innovations to the adrenaline perks. I've always been puzzled by how you could actually put bullet time in a multiplayer game but it really seems to have worked by what the reviewer is saying. It'd be interesting to see from both perspectives (bullet timer & viewer) what that's like. That's one of the things that's so good about Rockstar, they are afraid to come up with new ideas and experiment: they are masters of innovation when they get going.

I will definitely be getting MP3 but, as I've said, it won't be just yet unfortunately, as I've got so many other titles to get through first.
  Print Thread

Jump to