Technical Discussion
  >> Gaming Forum

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-May-12 15:48:09
Print Post

Max Payne 3 ..I have It ! Quick Thoughts and Impressions

[link to this post]

Was there any doubt this would not be a quality game despite the moans about the interrupted game play while the game shows cut scenes whilst loading.

Quality ,Quality,Quality a Rockstar Gem and 3rd person gaming at the highest honour,the bullet time and slow mo kills are brilliant and a little like Red Dead Redemption only you can actually freeze the kill cams and slow down time even more and put a few more bullets into the villains as you do so.

From the moment the intro kicks in you know that you have purchased a Quality game that is not going to disappoint.only played the first 2 chapters and its everything and more i wanted in this game,there is a lot of break up in the action but when the gun play kicks in its done in a truly exceptional way that has the hallmark of Rockstar Games.

Apparently its a 10/12 hour game and i have not touched the surface and i had to post quickly how brilliant this game is and i have not touched nothing but a small portion of the single player game.

Other options open on single player completion like arcade mode and Minute mode,then we have what i can only guess will be a addictive multiplayer mode also.

Got any reservations about picking this up then put them out of your head completely because just 40 minutes in this game is pure class.wink

Not going to go into it to much,firstly because i have not really played through much and secondly it may spoil it for others.

What you will want to know its everything Max Payne should be but with Rockstar added touch of class.......Superb smile
Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-May-12 17:10:19
Print Post

Re: Max Payne 3 ..I have It ! Quick Thoughts and Impressions

[re: time2die] [link to this post]

Rockstar delivered the goods then. Quality as ever. Good on 'em.
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Thu 17-May-12 19:33:09
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Its highly polished Spooky Baby and the presentation is top notch but when its from the makes of Red Dead Redemption did we really think this would be a poor game...........Narrrh wink

Can not wait until later tonight to carry on playing and i literally had to drag myself away from the television this afternoon as i was that hooked,just another section /chapter and then i will stop so it seemed at the time.

More than likely given it about 3 hours now and its brilliant and i love it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SPOOKish
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-May-12 20:41:37
Print Post

Encouraging to hear mate. I shall definitely get a copy. Just a question of when etc. Glad you're enjoying it!

laugh
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-May-12 09:38:14
Print Post

[re: SPOOKish] [link to this post]

Finished the Game and i have to say its one of the best experiences i have ever had in any game,the gun fights are superb and the set pieces lovely to look at.

Its everything i expected and when a game has me playing sessions of around 4 to 5 hours at a time you know that this game has me gripped and its difficult to turn of.

Will start multiplayer over the weekend but i will also revisit single player because in my opinion its worth it because its that good.

I just hope Multiplayer is implemented well and works and does the single player game justice,from what i have heard regarding multiplayer people think is pretty dam good.
Standard User Lt_Swan
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-May-12 20:39:14
Print Post

I'll give you £10 for your copy smile

Swanny MX
>>>-----knee---->
Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Sun 20-May-12 01:17:03
Print Post

[re: Lt_Swan] [link to this post]

Go and play that other game.......Whats it called ?wink
Standard User Jaxx281
(committed) Wed 06-Jun-12 09:39:54
Print Post

I picked it up over the weekend too and I am about 3 missions from the end so going to finish it up this evening. I absolutely love it, it's like watching a film and playing a game at the same time. I have read a few comments online with people saying they don't like all the cutscenes but that's part of the game lol and the story is brilliant.

I bought it to be entertained and it certainly does that well, like you say it is very well polished, the graphics look great on the Xbox particularly levels like the favela's the detail is really nice. The slow motion is a great feature, watching the bullets fly past you is really neat.

Looking forward to starting multiplayer later in the week, my friend also has it so we are going to try this "Rockstar Crew" thing that is new for Max Payne. Basically sounds a bit like guilds in the game you can join a friends crew and get other friends involved and go around fighting other crews etc.

Standard User time2die
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Jun-12 14:34:58
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

Single player game is great experience Jaxx but to be honest the multiplayer is very much like uncharted and im not totally sold,its fun but how long it will grab my attention is questionable ?

Think looking at Far Cry 3 it has a better online experience and far better potential to keep me coming back.

Will still play Max Payne online as there are a few modes for me to try out and since im only on Rank 7 out of 50 then things might be a little different with better guns and perks.

Only thing i don't like about the online is the way the character moves which looks a little wooden and weird ?

The ending is hard .........Be warned ?

Edited by time2die (Wed 06-Jun-12 14:35:42)

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Thu 07-Jun-12 08:14:56
Print Post

[re: Jaxx281] [link to this post]

I think I will grab this when it hits the £25 mark or second hand. Sounds good fun.

The trouble is there is so much to come in the autumn again, I think there will be a few second handers on my radar. I want to pick up Ghost Recon but not for the multiplayer and possibly the same with Prototype 2 and I'm still hoping to pick Bioshock before Infinite arrives, though that may be delayed.

Not enough time in the day for me!! frown
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to